Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for bulk .45 ACP ammo to feed my new 1911 and SIG 220 as I do not currently reload and need to find the cheapest decent ammo for practice.

I have seen Miwell ammo for sale at good prices. Anyone ever used this brand? Also, they list both FMJ (which I am familiar with) and TMJ (which I have never heard of before) Can anyone tell me what TMJ is and if it's good or bad?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
TMJ= Total Metal Jacket.

Basicly its a FMJ with a cap on the bottom of the bullet to competely enclose the lead core. TMJ bullets are nice because there is no exposed lead when reloading and since the lead is not exposed to the hot propellant gases when fired they produce less lead contamination in the air. You only get the lead from the primer. Some indoor ranges are requiring the use of clean bullets like TMJ and plated bullet to reduce lead in the air.

mcb

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I bought a ammo can of 1,000 9mm reloads from MiWall at last weekend's gunshow ($89.95). Good mild reloads with decent accuracy. No failures after shooting about 100 rounds through my XD9 V-10 and 50 through my Star B Super.
I did notice some kind of burning debris shoot out on a few shots. Looked like something wasn't completely burned and you could see a trailer fly off a few feet from the muzzle :eek: weird.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts