Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these pieces of crap? I mean the price seems unreal on these things.

UltraFire XML T6 1000Lumens LED Rechargeable Flashlight | eBay

I am thinking of buying one from WATCHMAKER who I have seen post on this site. Anyone know who I'm talking about? The one I'm looking at from him is $135. $35 seems a lot nicer so is the cheap price a dead giveaway?

I was looking at this light that is in post #131 at the top. Not to attach to a weapon so it wouldn't have that bracket just the light.

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/sa-xd-xd-m-accessories/53594-lights-ccw-law-enforcement-14.html

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would go w/ a brand a little more reputable if you are willing to spend upwards of $135. Streamlight is making good products as is surefire. My edc is a surefire e2d led. great light.
Yeah, who knows if these are some china made knockoffs that distort their Lumen number.

Anyone bought something from WATCHMAKER on here?

·
Registered
831 Posts

My experience:

I have a Surefire G2X at 200 lumen ($55), and I bought a $20 Chicom light with 230 lumens (the item description says 540 lumens). When I go jogging at night, I carry the surefire as I do not want to have a light that might fail when I need it. The Chicom light is used for warehouse inspection or the occasions when I can easily access my g2x IF chicom light fails... Thus, this chicom light became a unnecessary flashlight since I just can't trust it enough to carry it all the time...

Most of the chicom lights has exaggerated lumens. And their rechargeable are quite notorious (doesn't hold charges after several use, exaggerated Amh, explode, etc. etc.)

If you are getting a light that you would like to make sure it will shine when you need it to, get a name brand. I am not saying chicom lights are bad, but they have hit and miss type of quality. And durability is also a concern as well.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
76 Posts
Look into Fenix. I love my PD31

·
Registered
464 Posts
I just ordered one for 28$ shipped..so I will let you know when I have first hand experience with it. search youtube for reviews on them..they blow away fenix witch is also a china special. for 28$ its worth a try.
Some people get so caught up in " name brands " they will not look out side the box
I also have a few stream lights, and a terralux, the Terralux blows the streamlights away, and runs on aa batterys.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have two Ultrafire flashlights I got directly from Dealextreme.com. They're ok lights. One works great, the other, after having it 2 years, changes modes all on it's own. It's probably a bad solder joint. I'll have to open it up and resolder. For the price, I think they're a fair value. Good, not great

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
love my Surefire G2, only thing I would have don differently is get the LED model

1 - 12 of 12 Posts