Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, prolly been answered already, but I'm looking for a flashlight for my XDS 45. I don't really feel like spending $250, and I would like to get one that doesn't hang 3 inches off the end of my gun. Any opinions?

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Streamlight TLR-4 fits the xds nicely. Someone is running that setup in the accessories picture thread.

I just carry a Fenix flashlight on my keychain though.

·
Registered
503 Posts
How about a Crimson Trace Rail Master.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
+1 for the Streamlight.... I have one set up on my AR, and am looking at putting one on my HD handgun. Nice design and decent price.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
streamlight tlr 3 or 4 depending on if you want the laser. i have a tlr-1s for by big beretta, but the tlr-3 for 75 bucks for my xdm 3.8 compact is hard to beat. great light.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I second the Streamlight TLR series. If it is going to be used often, I would probably opt for the metal housing. If it's just a bedside gun, the plastic would be fine.

A friend was selling a TLR-1s, so I picked it up for a great deal. I was surprised at how bright it it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The TLR-3 is good. I still have an old SA marked Insight XML I upgraded with the LED bezel that works well too. I've had it since it first came out for the XD subcompact...you know, the gun that started the whole small rail thing in the first place. ;)

They call it the X2 now.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Q: What does a light have in common with a laser and open carry?
A: It identifies and locates you for the bad guy.

I prefer night lights around the house and night sights on the gun. Also, if you do use a light, make sure the weight doesn't cause the gun to malfunction.

·
Registered
25 Posts

I prefer night lights around the house and night sights on the gun. Also, if you do use a light, make sure the weight doesn't cause the gun to malfunction.
I assume the light would be good for identifying a threat and maybe they don't want their house lit up during the night

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,831 Posts

This is a commonly held misconception by people who don't have any experience in low-light training.

Used properly, a weapon light will be a much greater benefit than deficit.

This is why I tell anyone who wants to run a weapon light to get trained in properly employing it--and Utoob videos are not proper training.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is a commonly held misconception b
y people who don't have any experience in low-light training.

Used properly, a weapon light will be a much greater benefit than deficit.

This is why I tell anyone who wants to run a weapon light to get trained in properly employing it--and Utoob videos are not proper training.
I agree. If used properly for defense you have the capability to not only acquire your assailant but to temporarily disorient him as well. I just picked up the new 4.0 XDs in the 9mm along with a TLR-4. Here's a recent pic I took that might help you out in your decision:
$uploadfromtaptalk1399432074750.jpg

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey guys, prolly been answered already, but I'm looking for a flashlight for my XDS 45. I don't really feel like spending $250, and I would like to get one that doesn't hang 3 inches off the end of my gun. Any opinions?
Here's a pic of my newly acquired 4.0 XDs in the 9mm with a TLR-4 (light, laser, or both):
$uploadfromtaptalk1399432369394.jpg

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
So with the light on, can you see the factory sights, or do you still need night sights???...or should you not need sights for close-up work?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I prefer not to carry with this type of setup. I like to carry my ProTac seperate this way I have the option of being able to flick the light on and off when I choose, thus only revealing my location when I choose.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts