Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys you've seen my thread that I've got a new AR15. Like, everything I own it never stays stock for any period of time. My birthday is coming up and my girl wanted to get me something for it. So, I told her a flashlight would be nice. I was looking on Rainier Arms and came up with two different options. I need to know which one you would do ... I'm having a tough time deciding.

Option 1
Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Flashlights | Pentagon MS3 Xenon Light w/ ARMS Throw Lever Mount

Option 2
Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Flashlights | Pentagon X3 Xenon Hard Anodized
+
Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Flashlight Mounts | VLTOR Scout Flashlight Mount
+ Whatever else she wants to get me from there. It'll end up being around ~$250.

I really want to get a pressure switch but they are sold out of the straight cords. So I guess I could order it from some place else. Anyone got a link?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never really thought about that either. I guess I'm going to be going with that ... Thanks a bunch !!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I personally don't like the pressure switchs. Several reasons:

1) its something else to go wrong, get hung up, or break
2) we've had several students in high volume of fire drills melt their wires/switches... when they are poorly mounted.
3) In the cold or with gloves, you may not hit the switch, or may inadvertently hit the switch when you do or don't mean to.

You will always be able to hit the switch with your thumb. ITs positive and it works. Keep it simple and straightforward is my preference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts