Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Bushmaster M4 yesterday which was made during the clinton ban. it does not have a threaded barrel...how can i install a flash hider on it?

where would i find the parts?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Get the barrel threaded and buy a flash hider and your good to go. Threading the barrel will probably run you $50-75 though a gunsmith and flash hiders are $10 and up.

-Derek

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
There are a couple of options, but my suggestion to you is to have the barrel removed from the upper, threaded 1/2x28, and reinstalled. If a new AWB comes through, it will likely mean no more threaded barrels again...better get it threaded while you can!! You should be able to find a ton of shops that can handle it...usually costs less than $50. There should be at least a few places in vegas that could do the job. Even if it is not a gunsmith...a good machine shop should be able to do it for you.

Your only other option would be to find a "clamp-on" style brake that simply slides over the end of the barrel and is held in place by a tight allen-screw compression fit. I don't know, off hand, who is making these parts.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Compression style DPHarms

Not sure if they're in production yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts