Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
What is the thread pitch on it? Is it like an AK-74 or AK-47? Any flash hider made for the particular thread pitch you have will work. I believe the Arsenal 5.56 AKs are like AK-47s but double check to find out. Simply determine if your thread pitch is left or right hand and you have your answer: '74s have right hand threads and 47s have left hand threads. Here are a few places:

K-Var - I recommend the one at the top if you have that thread pitch. It greatly reduces flash over the AK-74 brake and the 5.45 and 5.56 have such mild recoil you won't miss the original if you are looking for flash reduction. It is Bulgarian so watch your parts count. Here is a list of American made copies of standard AK hiders.

DSA - They sell the exact same thing and this, which is probably the best flash hider you can buy for reducing flash. But again, figure out your thread pitch first and go from there.

IFA Tactical - Several options.

You can also buy a variety of screw on adapters to expand your options.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It appears that the threads are covered. I assume I will have to cut the shroud off with a dremel. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
You don't have the one with the AK-74 type brake? Just to make sure...

I see there is one that simply has a cap over the threads; I'm guessing this is the one you have. Is there a plunger in the front sight base for engaging in a notch on a muzzle brake or flash hider? If you don't have one it means you will have to tack weld any muzzle device you get so it won't spin off.

As you said, there should just be a tack weld you can dremel out. There is also this flash hider specifically for 24mm threads: Manticore Arms Nightshroud It looks like a vortex that has been tweaked enough to not invite lawsuits. The YouTube reviews on it are pretty good as well.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Checked out Dinzag and it looks like I will have to cut away the barrel shroud. It is a brand new one so hopefully the threads are already there.

You should check out KP Ling holding his ak-74.

dinzagarms

(J/K KP) :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts