Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
56,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Radicals, spoiled children and other disrespectful sorts think that burning the RW+B, OLD Glory is a way to show their anger.
Washington DC, Seattle, and every other city in between having roits, so fubar.
These colors are what gave them the freedoms they take for granted.
As I said, might take a whippin, won't be the first time I fought for the The RW+B!
Proud to be a American
Ashamed of what has happened to her.
tenor.gif

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,565 Posts
True
Other than the moral law of respecting your country but some have no respect for anything or anyone.
Blatantly on display everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, let’s talk about disrespecting the flag—-distinctly, displays which are in violation of US Flag code...

·
Registered
56,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Please.
This is the problem.
I have my views, opinions. As each of you do, too.
Why must it turn into a sh*tshow
I'm not bashing anyone here, not asking for anyone to bash anybody.
I have no problems with the pics.

Don't call for the thunder and not expect the lighting.
005ef068-a569-445d-8497-7780acb7be7e.gif

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I don't like it as a form of protest, but it is federally protected as speech. Not everything about freedom suits everyone else's tastes.
This.
“I may not like what you have to say. But I’ll defend your right to say it.”
It pisses me off to see our flag burn. And anyone that has taken an oath of service understands what it means to protect the rights of people you don’t agree with.
Welcome to America.
As for the confederate (see *losers) flag, not even worth wiping your ass with.

Oh, and the south won’t rise again.

·
Registered
56,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
God bless 'Merica

·
Registered
56,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sorry for my soap boxing
I'm done

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Yes, let’s talk about disrespecting the flag—-distinctly, displays which are in violation of US Flag code...
View attachment 798338

View attachment 798336
View attachment 798335 View attachment 798337
Flag etiquette is just that, etiquette.
The prohibition (for lack of a better word) against using the flag as clothing, draperies, etc means an actual standard, not a representation printed on a shirt or weird-ass Kid Rock poncho made to look like a flag.
Similarly, unlit nighttime or horizontal display restrictions apply to military and government installations, not private citizens.
And for the record, I've always had an issue with athletes, usually Olympians, who literally wrap themselves in a flag after a win, dragging it on the ground. But in the end I know it's not done out of disrespect and I'm quite sure they don't care if I like it or not... it's just what they do.
And it's pretty dang far from burning one in the street.

Reactions: MisterCrabby

·
Registered
259 Posts
Flag etiquette is just that, etiquette.
The prohibition (for lack of a better word) against using the flag as clothing, draperies, etc means an actual standard, not a representation printed on a shirt or weird-ass Kid Rock poncho made to look like a flag.
Similarly, unlit nighttime or horizontal display restrictions apply to military and government installations, not private citizens.
And for the record, I've always had an issue with athletes, usually Olympians, who literally wrap themselves in a flag after a win, dragging it on the ground. But in the end I know it's not done out of disrespect and I'm quite sure they don't care if I like it or not... it's just what they do.
And it's pretty dang far from burning one in the street.
Yes. In the immortal words of Sgt Hulka, “Calm down, Francis”.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts