Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a XD 9mm SC and target practice with it about once a month. I have a couple minor scratches on the metal and I'm wondering what the best way to repair them is. It is not stainless, but blue'd. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joshua

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
You can also use a Birchwood Casey Gun bluing Pen found at your local gun shop. They run around $5 and will match the color well on the XD. I believe the flat black is the correct color.

Super Black™ Touch-Up Pens
An easy and effective way to touch-up nicks, scratches and worn areas of black anodized aluminum or black painted surfaces. The pen contains a fast drying, lead-free paint with superior adhesion and durability that helps fill in deep scratches or worn areas. These special formulations are for use on highly polished and matte finished alloy gun receivers, trigger guards, scopes, binoculars, cameras, flashlights, fishing reels and other sporting accessories. Use like a marking pen with no mess – simply rub on with “chisel point” felt tip.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
hoffert119 said:
Hello all,

I have a XD 9mm SC and target practice with it about once a month. I have a couple minor scratches on the metal and I'm wondering what the best way to repair them is. It is not stainless, but blue'd. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joshua
Character marks, kinda like laugh lines in a friend's face (or your own!); don't worry about them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts