Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend a reliable five finger pistol safe? I've read good and bad about several of the manufacturers, but I don't want to get stuck with something I haven't gotten opinions from the general public on! Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
609 Posts
i have a gun vault.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
The five finger pistol safe wouldn't be my recommended option. You might get one or two out of the store but eventually you'll get caught...

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Most of them are only four finger gun safes. :lol:I also have a Gun Vault.

·
Registered
206 Posts
+1 on Gun Vault, great little safe!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha!! Sorry bout' that!!! I meant four!!! I've heard that the GunVault batteries don't last long and when the time comes, it won't open. Obviously none of you have had issues who have them. How often do you change the batteries? Does it give you indication that they need to be changed?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I've heard that the GunVault batteries don't last long and when the time comes, it won't open. Obviously none of you have had issues who have them. How often do you change the batteries? Does it give you indication that they need to be changed?
I've had the batteries in my GunVault for almost a year to the day. They are going strong but I'll probably replace them for peace of mind. The door has been opened and shut almost daily.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I.love my gun vault I have the fingerprint that can hold 2 guns via a shelf I got an ac adapter with it but.I also have a 9v for power outages
Oh and I have a round key to open if the battery dies

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Ha!! Sorry bout' that!!! I meant four!!! I've heard that the GunVault batteries don't last long and when the time comes, it won't open. Obviously none of you have had issues who have them. How often do you change the batteries? Does it give you indication that they need to be changed?
I've had the Gun Vault by my bed for nearly five years. I've never changed the batteries.

·
Registered
609 Posts
My gun vault uses AA batteries. Plus it has an AC adapter. The batteries are only there if there its a power surge. Plus I also have a key with mine

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have a dak industries sport safe that I really like. It has the four-finger programable entry code, and it also has a keyed entry. You can also purchase additonal base plate for your car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got the Barska Biometric Biometric Safe with Fingerprint Lock - Biometric Safe by Barska no reason to push 4 buttons.. Also i've read alot about the doors on the gunvaults failure to open and or breaking.

Althou i was going to get the GunVault Bio... the reviews i found just made me concerned and a reviewer of both the barska and the gunvault prefered there barska.. .it was also somewhat less expensive. Accepts up to 30 fingerprints if i remember correctly.

Now i do have a GunVault Nano 300 for the car.. LOL! It is combo lock

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
I have the Gunvault GV2000 and I have had no issues with it. I did see that at one point there was an issue with their latch, but they redesigned the problem area and were replacing the defective door latches under warranty.

I changed my batteries once in two years only because I was being proactive. I have had no issues with battery life beforehand.

The 2 layer GV is nice because you can put more than just a single gun. The Gearhog price is a good one. That is chaper than the single layer model normally. I paid $120 for mine on sale that was/is a really good price.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Would a xdm9 4.5 and xd9sc fit in the GV1000c ?
It should, but there won't be a lot of extra room for mags or other things.

In one layer in my GV2000 I can fit a XD-40 Tactical and a 6.5" Ruger Single Six revolver without them touching. It is snug though. It will hinder quick access.

·
Premium Member
127,140 Posts

Simply not true. I am still on the same set of batteries over three years after installation. When they get weak the safe will beep.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have 3 of the GunVault Mini's.

One had a problem with opening after about a year due to an issue with the cable. I called and they replaced the Mini very quickly.

I have not had any problems with any batteries and the other two Mini's I have, have never had any issues.

I find them to be very good for quick access, yet they still help with the issue of having young children in the home.

Hope that helps

1 - 20 of 24 Posts