Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a YHM 12.5 inch free float quad rail on eBay today for my bushmaster. Only issue is that I'm having trouble getting it to fit over the gas block. I can get the rail to slide all the way down to the threads but it's just barely crooked enough that it won't thread. Any ideas? It's only too big on the bottom side and only by maybe an 1/8 inch- any reason why I can't grind it down slowly with a flapper wheel? Obviously I would shoot a spot of flat black paint on the bare metal so it wouldn't rust. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hitting the bayonet lug?

If so, wack it off, no use for it on a carbine. Can take off the sling bits on the back of the gas block as well. Not a big deal if you screw up the gas block anyway, low-profile ones are pretty cheap.

Btw, what barrel is that? I likey.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. I'll hit it with the air grinder then. The barrel is just the factory one that came on the bushmaster xm15-e2s. Nothing too fancy really. But it's proven to be a pretty good little rifle. It's never failed, always stays on target, being a cheaper gun I've never worried about throwing it around. I plan to build it up with all the accessories I like (keeping all the factory stuff in a box) and then later piecing together a nice AR with some spikes gear and a nicer chrome lined Barrel. Then I'll put all my aftermarket goodies on it, then put all the OEM stuff back on the bushmaster. Leaving me with a little nicer AR that I put together myself and also a simple factory gun.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well here she is, thanks for your help!!!

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts