Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I have been reading here for a few days now. So I figured I let you know I just bought my first XD today!

It is an XD9 SC. I love the way it feels in the hand and how natural it is to point. Now I need to find a good IWB holster for it as this is going to be my new daily carry weapon.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Let us know how it shoots. Welcome to the club!!

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Be carefull, that little guy will find some big brothers to bring home. :wink:

·
Registered
643 Posts
recommended:

pearce grip extentions (a must)

either a comp-tac CTac or a Tucker "The Answer" depending on what kind of cash you have for a IWB.

oh and welcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

It came with a 10 round and a 15 round mag. Naturally the 10 round conceals better. I will look into the Pearce grip extensions though. Any tips on where to find them?

I went to the gun show here in central Florida today and he was looking to bring some friends home :)

I was looking forward to an Answer, but I see they are 3 - 4 weeks out on production. I picked up a really cheap IWB at the show just to have something to put it in. I may have to get a C-TAC and wait for an Answer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
they are great guns I was suprised to find I was more accurate with my xd40 sc than with my sig 229.

BE CAREFUL I went to the gun store the next day and a xd 9 followed me home!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats on your new xd, I have an xd9 myself & really enjoy it so far. As for IWB holster, I got a Don Hume from gunner's ally for $30. I been carrying it for about a week & I've been very pleased with it. It's a little thicker than my Milt Sparks "Summer Special 2", but cost about half as much, overall a very good holster for the price.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I noticed an XD in .45 gap keeping an eye on me as I walked around the gun show.....Luckly I was able to sneek out before it could follow me home!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm still trying to decide on a good CCW weapon, and while I'm leaning towards the XD40SC being that I am in Arizona, if the gun's size makes it peak out from under my shirt on occassion it's no big deal, so an XD Service might be ok.

My biggest concern has been how comfortable carrying it is going to be. Unlike all you skinny guys I keep hearing discuss holsters I'm on the heavy side and the grip could be a discomfort. Tucker's "The Answer" looks like a nice holster, but from the way it looks in pictures the gun would be much wider than the clips that go over the waistband and belt does that mean the leather piece is bending around the gun to clip on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the SC because of comfort carring. I know that if it is not comfortable I will not carry it. My .45 felt like a brick. By comparison I hardly know the SC is there.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I recommend the #1 Fist holster for $35 bucks or so. Relatively cheap and performs just as well as a comp tac in my opinion, except you can't tuck your shirt in, but hey, I aint that old yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SubReel said:
There was a post in the Trading Post http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=25592 with "The Answer" for sale. contact and see if it is still for sale. You can't beat the price. He posted that he was looking for $90 shipped but you could probably talk him down a little more since he hasn't sold it yet. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the info, however I am getting one from another board member who had an extra. I cannot wait to get it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts