Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first handgun today, an XD-9 with the 4" barrel and 2-16 round mags. Have several long guns but this is my first handgun. Looking forward to shooting it this weekend.
Most of my decision, after handling several pistols to see what felt comfortable, was based on the discussions on this forum.
You guys are a great source of info on these handguns. I learned more in a day of hanging around here then I did in a month of researching these through other sources, including the gun stores. (Some of those guys have no business selling these or any other gun.)
Anyway, thanks for all the info. I look forward to many years with my first, but probably not the last, XD.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Congrats on the new arrival :)

. . and welcome from VT

I love shooting my XD9 4" and regularly put 3-400 rounds through it in a range trip. I hope you enjoy shooting yours as much.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Hi Mike_B30! Welcome to the best gun forum on the Net, and welcome from Tennessee! I see that your first handgun is the 9mm, as was mine, just the XDM, not the XD. I must warn you, target shooting with these 9s is so much fun, you think, "wonder what the 40 feels like?" and after you shoot a 40, you say, "wonder what it would be like to take it home with me??" These things are addictive, but so much fun! Welcome!

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Yeah, I pretty much did the same thing, except I got a .45. The only other pistol I own is a pheonix arms .22. The rest are rifles and shotguns, with a muzzle loader barrel on the mossberg. Doesn't matter which XD you get, they're all good.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
welcome from VT, and have gun shooting...the XD is a good choice for a first gun.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats on the XD and welcome from Dallas.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Congrats on purchasing a fine handgun! and welcome from SFL!
9mm us always the best first gun cuz practice is cheaper than other calibers! and practice makes better!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Welcome MikeB! I had the very same experience only a month ago - and I love mine. :)

(The lovely Mrs Airlifter prefers the sub compact! :mrgreen:)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Congrats on your new XD! :)

The XD-9 Service was my first centerfire pistol. It's a terrific choice for most people in my not-so-humble opinion!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Ditto and welcome. I still love my xD-9 Service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts