Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot a local match today; 4 stages about 90 rounds which isn't a lot but it was fun. As expected my XD performed flawlessly and the sights and trigger work Rich did was fantastic.

I didn't know the trigger on an XD could be this good. Others have said it before but I'll say it again; if you are using your XD for any type of competition (even if you aren't) get it to Rich ASAP for a trigger job.

For the USPSA shooters off the bunch what sadist came up with CM 03-14 (Baseball Standards). :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Its nice to see a stage that knocks the Open/Limited shooters down to the same number reloads as Prod/L-10 BUT I going to have nightmares for a week about target T3. 3 shots as 25 yards, a reload, and 3 more shots in 4.5 seconds.....
:twisted:

This stage yielded many bad scores today even for the M class shooters in my squad. I watch 10 shooters across 2 squads and only 1 person got off 6 shots with a reload in the middle. Problem was he did 4 shots, reload, 2 shots so he got hit with a procedural. :cry:

For those that haven't seem it:

http://uspsa.org/classifiers/03-14.pdf

·
Premium Member
5,749 Posts
The trick on that type of stage is to realize that you will not get the reload done and complete the string in 4.5 secs. So on string 3, just concentrate on the shots you make before the reload and put them in the A zone.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JD McDorce said:
Any problems weak hand at 15 yards?
Believe it or not no, week hand was my best string.... :shock: Switched hands smoothly and capped off A's, C's, & 1 Mike. Rest of them I $h!t the bed trying to beat the the clock... Nothing like a good showing in my first L-10 classifier after previously shooting in Production. :cry:

R Dub said:
The trick on that type of stage is to realize that you will not get the reload done and complete the string in 4.5 secs. So on string 3, just concentrate on the shots you make before the reload and put them in the A zone.
Unfortuneately I didn't learn that until after I totally F'd up the reload and that was after throwing alfa, mike, mike down range.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I hate all Standards classifiers with a passion. If you hate Baseball standards then you will really hate Area 5 Standards. It is by far the worst classifier that the USPSA has in their book.

When I shot Baseballs Standards, or "BS" as I like to call it I did the same thing that you did I tried to go realy fast and get all my shots off, but after spending some time with a calculator I discovered that the best thing to do is to get 3 A hits on each target. This would give you a score of 60 points which works out to 50% on the Ohio Classifier Calculator. If it is fixed time just get your hits and don't worry about getting all your shots off.

Here is the HF Calculator that I use
http://www.ohiouspsa.com/calculator_scripts/percentage.php

1 - 5 of 5 Posts