Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to go and shoot my new purchase last night. I was quite surprised I could muster this much accuracy from a pistol with only a 3 inch barrel. I can't wait to get some pearce grip extension as I feel this will improve the accuracy even more.

Here is a pic of my best group: slow fire , off hand, @ 7 yards.

That's a quarter in the pic to put it to scale. 1.5" group.

Any tips on how to move it over a bit :?: The guy I was shooting with said I might be using to much of my finger on the trigger.

BOB

·
Registered
889 Posts
Try shooting it again to make sure it's not to much finger, you should try shooting it benched off of sand bags, and if it is constantly printing in the same place, you can move to rear sight in the direction you want the rounds to go, in this case to the left. It's hard to know how much to move it so go a little at a time, if you can move it at all some are in there pretty good. Or you could get a set of ajustable sights, or you could just leave it alone it is pretty close and you probably wouldn't shoot much farther than that.
It is good shooting anyway :D .
Good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
nice shooting!
I am starting to think there is something wrong with the SC sights. This is the third or 4th target I have seen shooting high and right, mine included..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

I will try and fire it from a sandbag in the future and see if it is still high and right. I will also let others try and see if they get the same result. Even if it keeps shooting like that I will probably just leave it the way it is. It is shooting way better than I expected for such a short barrel.

I was getting sub fist sized groups firing one handed slow fire, and fist size group two handed rapid fire. I can also send a double tap to COM and then a quick follow up single shot to the head with great speed and relative ease :D

I shot about 250 rounds that night with no problems at all :!: 100 WWB 115gr FMJ, 100 Factory reload 115gr FMJ, and 50 misc. maker 147gr JHP.

I see a tactical model in my future, not sure if I should stick with the 9mm or maybe get into a .40 :?

BOB

·
Registered
889 Posts
My Sub-Compact, shot to the left, but the sights were off center from the factory when I got it. I moved them back to the center and it was fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts