Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just got back a little while ago from the range. Fired 90 rounds.

I am using the magpul MBUS on the rear and standard post in the front. Spikes lower and Spike middy Uppper, chrome lined barrel.

Range was 25 yds. First group was low right, adjusted the left right. Still low, adjusted the post a few times to bring it up.

From then on it was good to go. After that, missing was user error, or my saftey glasses fogged up a bit.

Best group of the day.

Now, this is only the second time I have fired this weapon. The first was just one mag in my parents back yard (they live in the country and I was sure of what was beyond the target.). That was just standing, at about the same distance.

Also, I have had two hiccups now, once at my parents, once at the range. I will get a double feed. I think its because when I load the mag some of the rounds get a little on top of each other instead of side by side, but any input on that would be great.

Anyone know of a good hi viz front sight post, or a paint that I can drop on the tip of the current one? I kinda kept losing the tip of it while shooting, which lead to some less than great groups.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Aside from a few extra bells and whistles our ARs look to be brothers!

I just painted my FSP white (using white out)...less than ideal, but its worked great so far. There are some tritium inserted FSPs for sale out there that should help both during the day and at night.

What ammo were you using?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts