Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, and new XDs 45 owner. I finally made it to the range this afternoon with two new pistols. One my XDs 45 cal, and the other my Glock Gen G27 40 cal. I wish I would have taken a little more ammo. I shot a box of target ammo out of each, and several mags of Federal self defense ammo with each (probably 75 rounds thru each/150 total). I used two eight inch targets side by side at 7 yrds. I was a little concerned about recoil from the sub compacts, but it turned out to be not a issue at all. I shot both OK, and even shot them both one handed with my strong side ( If I had brought more ammo I would have shot some with my weak side). I did shoot the Glock slightly better at 7 yrds, but I own several Glocks so I am more used to the larger grip. I did install a short piece of bike tube on the XDs to increase the grip size, but I don't really think it mattered. I felt comfortable with both, and think I shot the XDs better than the Glock when I was shooting one handed. I woke up this morning coughing, and with clogged up sinuses, so I was not 100%. I had the day off from work, so I hit the range anyway. Looking forward to another trip soon.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have made it to the range with both pistols a couple more times since my first post. Both have GeePlates installed on the flush mags now. Loving both of my new firearms. Taking some vacation days this next week, so I will go again. The XDs conceals better than my G27. And I discovered the KYDEX pocket holster I made for my G27 also works with my XDs. If I have time this next week I will make another one just for the XDs. I also picked up three more mags for the XDs (2 six rounders, and 1 seven rounder). So more time shooting and less time reloading on range trips now.

·
Registered
175 Posts
To quote Dirt Diver from the show''The Unit,'' ''God didn't make a bad day to be on the range.'' Works for me and believe me I have shot is some different weather environments. I have shot in 100* plus temps down to 18* spitting freezing rain and snow mixed, had fun both days, but now I pick the days and weather I shoot in. Take care, John.:smile:

Reactions: Slantnose
1 - 9 of 9 Posts