Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my XD-40 home Wednesday night.
Took it apart and put it all back together it was well oiled.
Purchased 500 rounds- 400 WWB and 100 UMC

Went to the range today and shot 300 rounds no failures.

Now I come from a background with just use of a Beretta CX-4... where I had failures every 60-80 shots. This XD is how a gun should function.

The recoil of the 40 was nothing to me. Loading the magazines was something else... I couldn't get more then 11 in... so I basically stuck with loading 10 into each of my 3 magazines to hopefully get them moving better.

Best Speedloader suggestions? I'll be ordering of the web.

Using a stand the gun easily held a nice group of a few inches. Freehanding the gun... I can't shoot worth crap. Most of my shooting was done at 20 and 40 feet. At first I thought my sights were off... but using the stand proved me wrong. I need some work but overall I'm very happy.

Is it worth getting the barrel match grade? Or maybe when I order the firedragon conversion barrels to pick up another 40? I'm going to search the web for some shooting instruction and join a gun club that should be most helpful.

Everyone at the range was impressed with the gun, and even more impressed when I told them about the conversion barrels and lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bundy.....
I know what you mean about loading the mags! I got a loader from HKS model# 940 Midway sells them too, her a link: Loader
Also, I loaded my mags fully and let them sit for a day. That helped settel the spring a bit. Have fun with you new XD!!
Be Safe,
Jimmy D[/url]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You can also get the speedloaders from ajames or old school's site, both sponsors of this great forum your on right now!! I myself would get the adco super thumb or one similar, no moving parts to break. I had the hks and it felt like the lever was going to break off on rnds 11 and 12.

·
Registered
454 Posts
load the mags up and let them sit for a week or two they will be much better. I think every XD owner has had this problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts