Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm fairly new to the forum although I have been reading the coments for a while now, I first found it as I did some research on the XD9 for the company I work for. So far I have purchased a tactical 9mm for competition and carry the service version onduty. I have found both guns to be really reliable except for the surface rust, but down here in the tropics we have adapted and clean our gear every shift. In competition I have seen the scores go up and the groups get tighter as I get more accostomed to the XD. I have a question though, where do I get a tool to change the sights? I want to try a Dowson or Hiviz optical front sight on the Tactical.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I believe the Dawson comes with a special punch .The front is a real bear to get off.Helps if you put the slide in the freezer for about an hour secure carefully to a hard surface rags wood blocks and a c-clamp work well.
Then lots of luck or if you can ship the slide to ajames xd-hs2000.com
He installs the sights he sells for free.
See links in my signature

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I'll have to try the Dawson with the punch and hammer as I'm not on the main land.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Be prepared to use a steel punch if the brass wont budge the sights. I used a 1 lb. hammer and a steel punch to get a rear sight off. Some are really tight and some arent. You may destroy the sights getting them off.
I faintly remember someone using a Sig Sight Pusher to change XD sights, maybe someone will chime in on this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts