Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my XDm-40 4.5 to the range for the first time today. It was kinda like the first day of school or maybe that first date... lots of anticipation with a little trepidation. Unlike all my first dates, I came home from the range very satisfied...LOL! Like some of my first dates, I'm in love... with my XDm-40. She's got a pull of a tad over 6 lbs but shoots great. Powder River Precision, here I come!

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
I looked hard at the gun, and may still pick it up. Like the previous poster, I have the 3.8" 9mm and it is a beautiful gun.

Good shooting there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was shooting from 25', 50 rounds.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Looks like pretty good trigger control. Just one in the "low left" location that plagues so many!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats and great shooting...Looks like a keeper...:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I detail stripped it and gave it a really really good cleaning. I also did some polishing and now the trigger pull is about 5 lbs 3 oz. I swear the one shot in the lower left corner was someone else shooting at my target. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...LOL :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice choice. the first handgun I ever owned that was really in my name. It's funny I won mine from Impact Guns, was always really interested in them. Never would of bought one. I never liked the 40s&w cartridge but out of this gun it's become my favorite. That lower left seems to be a common problem. I think it has something to do with the grip texturing or something of that nature. I shot low left when I started with it so did my step dad, my best friend, my grandfather, my little brother....I can go one around 12 people have fired my XDm. once you get used to the gun you won't shoot low and left though you seem to be doing better than I did. I still shoot a little low and left at 25 yards if I get over confident. 300 rounds and still not one failure. The only thing i changed was having a captive recoil spring put together and that just makes re-assembly a little easier.

Lots of luck with your new pistol

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Congrats on your new XDm. The 40 was my first semi auto and 5000+ rounds later, I still love it.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I detail stripped it and gave it a really really good cleaning. I also did some polishing and now the trigger pull is about 5 lbs 3 oz.

I swear the one shot in the lower left corner was someone else shooting at my target. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...LOL :)

A little bit of polishing does make it a lot smoother. I did the sear and striker where they meet and it made a huge difference. You have to be real careful to keep he striker/sear contact area perfectly square and with a sharp edge. That will make the break much sharper.

"someone else shooting at your target"

snicker - good one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts