Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while I've been hunting for a clean XD .357 to pick up. Magical_Merlin was nice enough to part with his for a decent price and threw in a nice batch of goodies to go with it. It was an excellent dealing in case anyone has an questions.

So when the gun showed up to my dealer I got a chance to inspect it, it was in great shape, only very very light signs it had even been shot. Holds true to his claim of only putting 50 rounds through it. I was excited and very pleased it was in such great shape.

I got out to the range with 1 box of WWB FJM, 2 boxes of Speer HP's, 1 box of Winchester lead free super clean, 1 box of Ranger SXT. I was impressed with how well everything grouped in general with a new gun. Although a lot of my shots were down and to the left. I was not really taking all the time I should have, was just more interested in running the rounds through to see how it felt. The only time I got any sort of hiccup was when I used the two .40 mags that I had, It would not feed at all with those. I think I'll need to do some research on that and see what could be going on. After only using the two 357 marked mags exclusively everything feed like butter and not a single problem with FTE's. Shot all of the ammo i brought minus half the box of rangers.

All in all I'm beyond happy with the gun.

On this trip to the range I also got a chance to shoot Got_Boost's HS2000. That things spotless and was tons of fun to shoot, but i LOVE the pop of the .357

-Scott

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Sintax - please let us know in a followup about your findings
on the .40S&W mag thingie loaded with 357SIG rounds.

That is an interesting find. I will await your post.

Ed

·
Registered
181 Posts
There is absolutely no difference between the 357sig mags and the 40 mags other than the caliber size printed on them. They are totally interchangeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts