Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Nice collection OP! I have a black X95 that I picked up about a week ago and it is indeed awesome! Was my first bullpup (had shot a Tavor once previously) and so far I love it! I put a Holosun red dot on it for now til I can save up for an Aimpoint, but it's a great gun, especially since I got mine converted to left hand for my by the shop I bought it from (Copper Custom) so it suits me perfectly!

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
tel me more about the x95.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
tel me more about the x95.
It's an awesome gun! A great improvement in ergonomics over the original Tavor. The charging handle is further rearward, which allows for rails all around the forend that can allow you to mount flashlights and other accessories in the same manner that we're used to with ARs and such, much more ergonomic. The mag release is also in a more traditional AR-style location and is ambi. The trigger is also about half the pull weight of the Tavor also. Mine breaks around 6.75-7 lbs and feels like a single stage AR trigger.

I have a thread in the Other Long Gun sub-forum talking about the one I bought. Check it out if you want more details about mine and how it shot.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
i will definitely check that out. i cant buy one here anyway but it looks pretty cool. like a tavor 2.0.

Reactions: AirForceAce357

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
i will definitely check that out. i cant buy one here anyway but it looks pretty cool. like a tavor 2.0.
That is the basic idea. The bolt and trigger packs are interchangeable but the X95 was meant to improve some ergonomic issues with the original Tavor. X95 is what majority of Israeli Defense Forces have gone to, though that gun is a bit different from the US civilian version. IDF version has a 13" barrel and is shorter in overall length also. IWI had to put 16.5" barrel and a longer buttpad to get the gun to the minimum 26" overall length and keep it from being an SBR. Still a very compact and handy gun though. I know they have some ban state-complaint versions so maybe they will do so on the X95 too.

·
Registered
18,780 Posts
Holy smokes that's cool.

That Tavor is mighty tempting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts