Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I took my new xdm 45 to the range today and shot 100 rounds of CCI aluminum fmj.
gun performed flawlessly with suprisingly little recoil.
I am used to glocks so at first I was bending my wrist up as I do with my glocks. I did this with the first 3 rounds and was missing the target completely.
Then I remembered that this is not one of my glocks and started shooting with my wrist in natural alignment. Gotta say this gun is really accurate.
at 15 yards I was killing the target. Most shots were within 3 inches of the bullseye (except the ones that were in the bullseye.) not bad for first time shooting this gun. for glock owners coming to this gun try to keep your wrist in its natural pointing position.
My take on the glock vs springfield is as follows

1.Glock advantage is less safetys and more durable barrel finish (cant comment on outer finish as my springfield is still new and has not has holster time yet.) Glocks outer finish is bulletproof.

2.springfields advantage is more accurate and natural shooting position.
My glocks shoot well but I had to practice a lot before shooting well with them
springfield is easier to get used to shooting than a glock.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Some people hate the stock trigger on the M vs the Glock. As far as the finish I'm pretty sure they are very similar. Maybe someone else can comment on that.

Glock is Tinnifer?

SA is melonite.

Congrats on the gun glad you like it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some people hate the stock trigger on the M vs the Glock. As far as the finish I'm pretty sure they are very similar. Maybe someone else can comment on that.

Glock is Tinnifer?

SA is melonite.

Congrats on the gun glad you like it!
Actually the trigger on mine is very smooth. Maybe I got lucky?
i read a lot about the finnish on the glocks. seems they use arsenic in the process of their Tennifer finish. USA does not allow use of arsenic so we call our finishes Melonite. Melonite and tennifer are the same process except for the use of Arsenic. Guess the arsenic improves the process. What I dont understand is the XD and xdm are made in croatia so why cant they use the arsenic there? Maybe the final process is done in america.
If I am wrong about this someone please correct me.
I got this info from a gunsmith who posted on another site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts