Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new XD40sc on monday after Marylands 7 day wait which turned into 10days. But I got to shoot it today and I must say it was well worth the wait! I put 50rds of American eagle 165grain and 50rds of federal champion 180grain down the pipe and man oh man it shoots great! No hiccups whatsoever and shot alot straighter than I had expected from the short 3" barrel! I shot it at 7, 15 and 25 yards and was able to get all on the 18" reactive targets I used. Of course my grouping at 7 was much better than 25 but I am very impressed and think I have a winner! I hope it is this much fun every time I go shoot it.:D

·
Registered
463 Posts
As everyone on here will say you picked a great gun

·
Registered
345 Posts
Grats on the XD40sc! I'll be honest and say that its not the gun I would have picked.....but thats just because I don't like the .40 S&W cartridge.;)

The little SC is a great gun though and as long as you do your part, it will do just about everything you ask of it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I kinda like the .40cal. and I'm not surprised that your gun is such a good shooter.
Congrats on a great time shooting and I hope you always have as much fun with it as you did the first time.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
the first time i shot mine i had a similar experience as yours. its a small barrel but it shoots very accurately. congrats on your purchase!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just picked up my XD40sc today and I will shoot it this weekend. I hope that my range trip goes as well as yours!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I got mine last sat. and then shot it this tuesday. LOVE IT! I put about 100rds through and I accidently hit the slide stop and caused it to actually stop the slide while i was shooting...my bad. Other than my mistake no problems. Although I am shooting to the left, I think I am jerking the trigger. Or I shoot high...

Love this gun!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I've put about 1400 through mine without an issue. I've gotten pretty good hitting plates 100+ ft out.

I'm sure you'll have much fun.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
If you think you like it now, wait until you shoot it some more! I have both the XD9SC and the XD40SC, and I carry the 9. They are damned fine, reliable, accurate guns, and I'd trust my life to either.

There are some tricks you may want to install after you shoot it a little more, including the Pearce pinky grip mag extension, and a trigger kit.

Glad you like it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts