Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range at lunch after picking up 2 new guns this week, and I must say, the xd45c I got is probably the smoothest shooting .45 i've ever shot. I've owned quite a few .45's, but this one was just a dream.

Ran 100 rds WWB though it, and about 50 of the carry rounds, 230gr+P Winchester Ranger Talons. I did however experience 1 FTF on the WWB, I am probably going to clean it up really good, and shine up the feeding ramp.

Also shot the LCP, and the PF-9. Both, being very tiny, are a bitch to shoot. Most small guns are though. The PF-9 was pinching my finger a little at times. I experienced 4 FTRTB using Federal target rounds. This was experienced when loading the mag with the slide open, and letting it go forward to chamber. Shot 100 Federal targets through it, and 20 Winchester hollow points.

The LCP performed flawlessly shooting 50 remington targets, 50 Federal targets

G

·
Maybe he meant failure to feed, not failure to fire. Some people do not specify, which is a pity since FTF can mean two diff things.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry about that, I never thought about duplicate meanings, I will from now on.

It was a failure to feed. Was clean as a whistle when I went in, and wasn't 1/4th of the way through the box when it did it, and it was I think the 3rd or 4th round in the full mag. Only one round did it, one time. I cycled that round back through, and it did not malfunction.

I purchased about 400 rounds of federal target stuff, going to run that through it shortly as well to see what happens. I've always had good luck with WWB shells, but every gun is different in what it likes.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure what it could have been, as the round looked fine. I bought the xd45c used, so I am unsure of the round count. Saying that, there's a few things I'd like to replace, more for piece of mind. Pistol doesn't look used much, but i'd like a new mag (this might fix the issue) and a new mag spring for the other 2, and also a guide road and spring assembly. Springfield direct the best option for these?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Enjoy your XD45C...I've carried one for years and it's very reliable.

The PF-9, however, is a pain...I've tested several and they all have atrocious trigger slap and are downright torture to shoot.

Near the same price class, one of my students brought a Ruger LC9 to my last CHL class...being the lead instructor, I requested a 'safety and function inspection' (ok, just wanted to try it out). Aside from the terribly small sights that plague all mouseguns, it was a pleasure to shoot, no pain, good reliability and a decent backup gun.

G

·
BTW, are you sure you didn't accidentally hit the slide stop/release with your thumb? I did that a few times one range trip and had some odd malfunctions. I was confused until I figured out my thumb was hitting the slide release.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I think the XD45 compact line is the best of them all.

I had the 4" compact and loved it, traded it on an XDm, and regreted, sold the XDm to buy another XD .45 compact, found a compact in the 5" tactical and haven't looked back since.

I love my 5" XD .45ctac

1 - 12 of 12 Posts