Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range in here forest park, ga and shot 100rds with my 40 tact. I got all my shots in the silhouete, but not a grouping together. I notice all my shots seems to hit left. I need some help with my shooting and grouping. When I fire my xd I hold the trigger until the gun finishes recoiling, but to correct the leftside shooting should I use my first knuckle because I'm currently useing the second knuckle. On the second box of fifty I have been hitting my mark. If anyone here lives close to the range i would like have a range buddy so I can get better at this, thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
use the pad of the tip your finger
and get some snap caps and have someone randomly load them into the mag and see if your anticipating the recoil . which i can say with almost 100% certanty you are. as all shooter or at least most will do it in the begining and haveing a snapy recoiling gun like the 40 just makes it worse.

REMEMBER -squeeze the trigger dont pull it.

squeeze the trigger slowly until it goes off. it should be a surprise when it does, when you pull the trigger fast and hard there is no suprise and your body will anticipate the recoil unless you learn and teach your self not to.

also with the snap caps put a penny on the front sight and do dry fire practice after LOTS of practice you wont move the gun when you shoot it.

and just shooting isnt practice you could go to the range every day and shoot 250 each day and you wont get better unless you practice the proper techniques. dont be afraid to ask someone at the range for help. most people are more then willing to help a new shooter as long as you are SAFE

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Lion-O, Since you are in Atlanta and are new to shooting with a great XD-40 you should really consider joining GeorgiaCarry.org. We are your no compromise voice for Georgia gun owners dedicated to the preservation and expansion of Georgia Citizens Firearms Rights.

After you join GeorgiaCarry.org come visit us on our little forum at GeorgiaPacking.org. Here you can learn all the laws related to you being able to legally enjoy your new firearm. You will also be able to hook up with a bunch of locals in your area who will be happy to share information on shooting techniques and you might even find a range buddy or two in the mix.

Tell them the LoneOak sent you, I am just a volunteer for GeorgiaCarry and a frequent forum Poster at GeorgiaPacking but most everyone knows me and they will welcome you with open arms. I will be looking for you in the next couple days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks on the advice sourpatch I know I will remember it at the range and hopefully get the techniques working. Also loneoak I haven't heard of ga carry. I am going to check it out today and see what's up, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts