Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the new 5.52 out to the range and was excited to see it can shoot. I only put about 50 rounds through it before it got too dark. I put the first 10 rounds onto a 12" steel plate at 15 yards to get a feel for it. I the put a 3" sticky target and shot 3 round groups with 115 grain wwb, American Eagle, and 124 grain Remington range fodder from a rest at 50 yards. They all shot 4-5 inch groups. I brought some of my 124 grain Everglades bullet loads I usually put through my glock 34 and that shrank it down to a steady 4". It shot 3" two handed groups from 25 yards without issue. I then fired 10 rounds at my full size idpa plate at 150 yards for giggles. Most wwb style range fodder isn't consistent enough to make consistent hits from that distance. And my glock 34 with the stock barrel cant make consistent hits from there with any ammo, however with the bar-sto match fit barrel and my reloads made for it, it can. The xdm 5.25 did it right out of the box. So far this is the most accurate gun out of the box I've owned. Now I can't wait to work up some loads that this gun will love.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Cool, I really like the 5.25. 19+1 is a bunch :) .. Drop that trigger to 3.5# or less and it will become a hell of a gun.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Do you have any suggestions on trigger kits for the xdm. Thanks
Powder River. Either Drop in or Extreme (you have to fit yourself) It takes this gun to the next level as far as I'm concerned. I don't even know what the next level is but it sure as hell takes it there.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Mine's the 45 version. But, PRP trigger (I did the extreme) makes all the difference. Sooooo much better than stock which really wasn't bad. I did take it apart a lot to get it right. But it was worth it.

I can get back to 75 yards at my range. Any more and I'm in the creek!! I can hit gallon jugs at about 50%. That is MY limitation. NOT the gun. It's really a good gun.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Yards or feet?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Powder River. Either Drop in or Extreme (you have to fit yourself) It takes this gun to the next level as far as I'm concerned. I don't even know what the next level is but it sure as hell takes it there.
Mine's the 45 version. But, PRP trigger (I did the extreme) makes all the difference. Sooooo much better than stock which really wasn't bad. I did take it apart a lot to get it right. But it was worth it.

I can get back to 75 yards at my range. Any more and I'm in the creek!! I can hit gallon jugs at about 50%. That is MY limitation. NOT the gun. It's really a good gun.
I will definitely check those out. I don't mind doing a little fitting. I fitted a trigger on my S&W mod 15-6 revolver for PPC and it workout great. Thank you sirs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great shooting. I can barely see a 3 inch circle at 75 feet, let alone group it. Well done.
I hear ya...I have to use blaze orange sticky targets so I can see'em, and if no one is watching I'll put on my prescription glasses. Don't tell anyone, thats just between you and me. lol

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I will definitely check those out. I don't mind doing a little fitting. I fitted a trigger on my S&W mod 15-6 revolver for PPC and it workout great. Thank you sirs.
I put the extreme in mine and am as happy as I could be. I don't have anything negative to say about it. If you do end up with the DIY trigger (extreme) be sure to do the "freezer test" on it before you shoot it. Google it or do a search here for it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Cpnpd922

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put the extreme in mine and am as happy as I could be. I don't have anything negative to say about it. If you do end up with the DIY trigger (extreme) be sure to do the "freezer test" on it before you shoot it. Google it or do a search here for it and you'll see what I'm talking about.
That is some interesting information. I will research that more when I get home this evening.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have any suggestions on trigger kits for the xdm. Thanks
I have the same gun and installed the PRP drop-in kit. I had the same kit in my 3.8 XDm compact. I really like the reduced trigger travel and reset. The nice thing about PRP kits is you can mix and match the various springs to get the trigger pull weight you like, but still keep the shortened travel/reset. PRP has a nice installation video to boot.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Took my new XDM 5.25 to the range today. It really shot well and getting used to the trigger. Way different than my Sig 1911 Ultra Carry. Longer travel be very predictable. I love it for the range.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts