Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to the range with my new XD 40 service model. This is a great gun !! I fired 135 rounds, 165gr WWB and 180gr UMC Leadless.
Not one single problem !! The gun performed flawlessly. This is the first pistol I have owned in 15 years and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Once upon a time when I turned 21 I purchased a Jennings .380, an Interarms 9mm, and a Smith and Wesson .22lr. I just sold a TVM .50 cal flintlock pistol for $500 to buy this XD and couldn't be more pleased with my decision. Needless to say I am not a well practiced pistol shot but at 25 yards I put 7 out of 10 in a paper plate and at 15 yards I was shooting 6 inch groups. I know that's nothing to write home about but I was pretty happy with those results my first time out shooting a pistol in over a decade in 30 degree weather (my hands were freezing).
I would highly recomend this pistol to anyone. Most fun I've had in a while. I also have a Rem 597 22lr which is great way to spend the rest of the afternoon at the range shooting for cheap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just got in from my first range session with my new XD40 Service. I had forgotten just how fun shooting on a nice range can be. I shot some Speer Lawman 180's and Federal Eagle 165's. Both turned in flawless reliability and excellent accuracy. The only weak link was me, the shooter. I got some good clusters but alot of fliers too. Can't wait to go back and try out some other pistols I have, in addition to the XD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yet another first time out range report. I took my XD40 along with 100 rounds of WWB to the range this morning.

The XD worked great! No problems of any kind. First shot some paper plates at 7yds. I was able to get group sizes around 4" or so. Not that great, but it's been awhile since I've shot a pistol. I was getting tighter and tighter as I spent more time with it. I have to get use to a 6:00 hold.

There was some 2X4 blocks on the 25yd berm. I set those up in a row and tried some double taps. Did pretty good at 25yds.

All in all, it was a great trip to the range. I really like the XD. I can see myself getting some better grip material in the future. With sweaty hands, I could see where it might be a bit slippery. The magazines were a real PITA to load anything over 9 or 10 rounds. The springs do loosen up, don't they? I can also see where I'm going to need a lot more than just two magazines. :lol:

Can't wait until next time! I'm off to find some more .40 ammo!

Mysteriouso out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts