Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had my XD40 4" for a week before shooting it and it was killing me inside so I picked up 100 rds of Winchester Target/Range ammo in 165 gr and headed for the hills. The gun shot flawlessly on all 100 rds and after about the first 10 shots and getting used to the sights and trigger I was hitting the center of the target.

One question: I've never shot this kind of ammo before and I was curious about the gold/brass coloring on the bullet part of the ammo. Is this a special coating or is it just gold colored copper?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Glad to hear you are enjoying your XD I've only had mine for a short while but what a lot of fun. I can't believe these pistols don't cost about $100 dollars more than they do.

There is no special coating on the cheapo WWB ammo. Thats a full metal jacket. I believe it brass, but could be wrong. In any case it's a great load to use in your XD.

1. It's cheap
2. 165 grains seems to be the recommended bullet weight for the .40
3. The full metal jacket protects your barrel/gun from any lead build up

·
Registered
13 Posts
ava,

I'm really enjoying my new XD40 (5") too. I've had it about two weeks now and have shoot 200 rounds of WWB 165 gr. through it with zero problems. In fact, I think I'll get out some more this weekend! :D

Enjoy it man. It's a nice sidearm, ain't it?

Mysteriouso out

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey I just got my xd40 3" last week and I had to wait an Excrutiating 3 days to shoot it. I used PMC 180 grain and I never had one problem throught 125 rounds. Its was abolutely awsome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got to say that I'm loving this thing more and more. I went to the range today and shot 50ea 165gr American Eagle and 50ea 180gr Remington. No malfunctions at all and here is a group of 25 of the American Eagle with the Remingtons grouping the same. This is at 25' weaver stance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts