Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday I slipped out to my grandparents house to go shoot my new XDm. This is only about the 3rd time I have shot a pistol, but I do have experience shooting long guns. I am looking forward to many more times shooting with this gun!
Here are some target groups.

This is my first group out of the gun. At about 10 yds

This is my second half of the first clip at the same distance

This is my second clip at about 5-6 yds (this one had a few stragglers)

dont mind the 22 shots in some of them. My girlfriend was at my house and volunteered to go with me shooting. How could I turn that down. She did not do too bad for her second time ever shooting a gun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the club. Just wait until you start spending money on holsters, mods, and bulk ammo!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the purchase. Which XDM did u get? Nice shooting by the way
I got the XDm 4.5 in .45. I was looking at bulk ammo the other day. I was surprised to see that they do not give you much of a break for buying in bulk. (Atleast where I looked)

Appreciate the kind words on the shooting. I didn't think it was bad shooting, but I know that there is room for improvement. I also know that it will come with experience in shooting pistols.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got the XDm 4.5 in .45. I was looking at bulk ammo the other day. I was surprised to see that they do not give you much of a break for buying in bulk. (Atleast where I looked)

Appreciate the kind words on the shooting. I didn't think it was bad shooting, but I know that there is room for improvement. I also know that it will come with experience in shooting pistols.
It's better than I'm doing, and I've been putting in maaaad range tame.

·
Registered
253 Posts
dont mind the 22 shots in some of them. My girlfriend was at my house and volunteered to go with me shooting. How could I turn that down. She did not do too bad for her second time ever shooting a gun.
"Hey babe, put a few dead center for me so the guys on XDTalk don't think I suck."

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I stopped buying .45 a long time ago due to cost constraints and load all of my own. Now I don't buy any store bought ammo at all except for .22 which I have plenty of and haven't bought in years.

Great shooting... The XDm is on of my favorite pistols... I have one in both 9mm and .40 and absolutely love them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the nice comments! I know what you mean about the cost. It is almost 30 bucks a box here for .45 ammo. I am considering buying an XDs if I decide to carry and I am really tossing around the idea of buying a 9mm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts