Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to get to the range for the past couple of weeks, what with my wedding and an ensuing sprained wrist. Went out today as the wrist felt pretty dang good, and was all over the place with my first 13 and 19 shots:

Once I had my opening salvo out of the way, I started loading 5 shots at a time, using the full length magazine, and actually taking my time:

Not great, but I definitely noticed an improvement! I had been using my high hand grip for these, but when I moved back to holding my left hand lower, I grouped even tighter:

This is the grip I've always used, and it wasn't until I began reading online forums that I encountered the high grip style. I'm debating now between my tried and true style, or practicing my high grip until I am more proficient with it.

Clearly I need to go shoot much more, for science!

·
Registered
480 Posts
You can really tell the steady improvement... Keep it up!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank y'all! I'm trying to lock down the "left" portion of the "low and left" contagion. Seems I usually need more work on that than the vertical spread.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm guessing the first 2 targets were at 30 feet and the 3rd one was at 7 feet? :D:D:D jk

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe, naah, they were all roughly 25 feet, as best I could judge by the wall markings

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I don't know about switching grips. It looks like your comfortable witht the grip you have now. Why not stick with what works for you already.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If it aint broke don't fix it looks like your original grip works just fine for you I'ld say keep polishing what you know. You will get farther than if you start something new.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice...it usually takes me a clip to get warmed up when I go to the range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts