Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The XD9 service is my first pistol purchase. I just got my CCW along with my wife about 4 weeks ago and we decided to pick up the XD9 due to price and reputation considerations from this and other websites. Plus, the pistol just looks damn nice!

Today was my first shot at getting my new baby out on the range. I took my handgun orientation class at Sigarms so I had the opportunity to fire a couple of different models of Sigs, plus a friend let me borrow a Berreta and a Glock to hit the range with 2 weeks ago. I have to say that the XD is the best "fitting" pistol I have shot so far. It felt "right" when I got it home and did some dry fire testing with it and I was pleasantly relieved to find that my feeling was right when I fired it for the first time today. Granted I'm certainly not the best shot since I haven't had the years of experience that some of you here may have, but I felt that I did ok considering that this was only my 3rd time every firing a handgun. I had some "floaters" and I know why they were there, but I kept most of them somewhat tight.

All in all, I put about 150 rounds through my XD this afternoon and the included target picture is a compilation of the first 4 clips at 10 yards. I haven't quite yet found the stance that feels the most comfortable to me, but the weaver type stance seems to be the best so far. I'll keep lpaying with different ones as I progress so that I get comfortable with different types of shooting and not get locked into only one form.

Without further ado, here's the sillouette from the first 4 mags of WWB I got from Walmart the other day... :)

Any comments, questions, suggestions, or critques (sp?) welcome! :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
You did great and welcome to the board!!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Nice shooting, nice choice, and let me be the first to yell.... IT'S A MAGAZINE NOT A CLIP!!! :)

just funnin.

welcome to the asylum.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aiformula said:
Nice shooting, nice choice, and let me be the first to yell.... IT'S A MAGAZINE NOT A CLIP!!! :)

just funnin.

welcome to the asylum.
Did I write clip?? LOL! Whooops! Old habits!! LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts