Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just bought my first pistol and I got an XD40 from a local gun show. Took it out for the first fire this after noon and it's love at first sight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well thats good to hear. I was in love when I saw one for the first time. A friend of mine was showing me his 40 and I wanted it and I wanted it right now. I bought a xdm9 and love it even more as it can shoot more before having to reload. Enjoy my friend, enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you guys tell me the difference between XD and XDM. All I could see was the more aggressive cuts on the frame.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the xdm has 3 interchangable backstraps, a match grade barrel different grip texture. There is more I'm sure, but that's off the top of my head.

BTW, welcome from NH!

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas, and to the Springfield family.

The XD and the M difference? Cosmetics, pulling the trigger to field strip. Sights. Match grade barrel is a myth, until you get into the new 5.25 competition model.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California! Congrats on the XD!

·
Premium Member
127,158 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Premium Member
21,336 Posts
hello to ya

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey neighbor! Them XDs are sweet shooters, aint they? Can't say enough good things about my new XD45 4" Service model.
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana. I did my research before buying an XDM. I wanted a pistol that I could shoot a bunch of 9mm as I had a bunch ,but I wanted a nice pistol. I think I got one of the best. Then, I want one to shoot .45acp. So, I bought an XDM .45acp. Awesome shooters.

Today, I orderd an XD Tactical 5" in .357 sig. I should get by Thursday or Friday. Cant wait. Again welcome and enjoy the forum. WG:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts