Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my daughter to the range yesterday . She shot the 22 first then the XDS9mm then the XDS45 , She shot the best groups with the 45(some people are just naturals) I was freaking impressed. Now she want's the dam thing. (what have I started).

image uploading site

upload a gif

Reactions: Tjm_XDS9

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Could not ask for a better first time. And she is cute. You have a winner there, Dad. Give her the .45.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like that might happen. I guess I need to start saving for me a new one. she is wanting to take some classes at the range and I guess she should be using what she shoots best.( this hobby can drive a guy to the poor house if not carful). LOL

Reactions: MSPR Ret.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Haha. Tell she can have it but she has to clean all your guns monthly for 3 years

sent from the german sheperd next to me

Reactions: banger1

·
Registered
207 Posts
Awesome. My fiancee shoots my xds 9mm 4.0 pretty well for having never shot a handgun before and rarely shooting a rifle. IMO they lend themselves to good shooting, just like the 1911 (my next purchase).

Reactions: banger1

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
The smile on her face says it all. Very good for her first time, especially while using HER .45. :smile:

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Excellent! Good for you, dad. :)

Some of my best memories are taking my three kids shooting at various ages and when ready.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How cool. My boys and I love to shoot. My 11 year old shoots on a scholastic sporting clays team and my 6 yr. old enjoys shooting my ruger 10/22 takedown and .410 that I shot when I was a kid. Start them with the right teaching and a lifetime of enjoyment is to be had, along with some pretty awesome memories.

·
Premium Member
128,000 Posts
That's great! How old is she?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She 30 years of age.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
She gets told that a lot. and I think she really loves hearing that.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
I thought younger as well. Go ahead...make her day. ;)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
It's an excellent first time score, but let her shoot it at least 2 or 3 more times to make sure she (really) likes it. Her tune might change after a few more trips, might end up liking the 9 better.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
That is what I'm going to do . I really though the 9 would be more fitting for her but she did have much better grouping with the 45 ...I still can't figure that out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts