Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the range this morning. I was a little nervous since I haven't fired a gun in 6 years(my old .38 ).

Anyway, I got two of the "perp" targets and had at it. I fired 150 rounds and must say, for the most part my groupings were all (surprisingly) pretty good. The aim was spot on and I didn't notice any "shooting to the left" that some people claim with this gun. The XDM is very comfortable (although I did order an Xtreme Grip for it) and although it might have a bit more kick than what I remember from my .38, it was very easy to handle and bring back on target. I had absolutely no mechanical issues and loading the mags was quick and easy with the speed loader that Springfield provides with the gun. One of the boxes of Wallyworld ammo (Federal) had a bad round in it. Not being "gun technical" my description for it would be that the round had a hole where the firing pin would strike it and there was gunpowder pouring out of it when I held the round upside down.

Here is one of the groupings. Since the magazines are still tight I was only fitting 14 rounds in each, so this is one magazine.

I love this gun!

Tim

·
Registered
456 Posts
congrats. Shot myXD40 for the first time yesterday! love mine

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Yep, keep practicing and welcome to the fourm.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's always nice to read about people loving their first time shooting an xd platform. I shoot a 3.8 9mm xdm and I had a blast the first time. My hands felt so nice after 150 rounds I could have swore it was a .22. Easy guns to shoot. Enjoy!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice shooting. You think it was bad not shooting for 6 years, try 22 like me. My guess is that you won't notice the recoil as much the next time you go to the range. My 1st trip to the range left me wondering why I bought the .40 cal. I barely notice it now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called Federal and they told me to send the whole box back to them on my dime. Then if they find the round to be defective, they would send me a new box and refund my shipping costs. Not worth it for one bad round. Next time though I'll open the boxes at Wallyworld before I pay...

·
Registered
678 Posts
Nice! I'm surprised to hear about the Federal ammo problem. It's good that they were willing to make it right. I had the "shooting left" a bit on mine until I changed to the smaller backstrap.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Congrats on the XDM. they are addictive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts