Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW!!! I think that sums it up very well. I have not been shooting in 20 years. I decided to get back into it since the crime rate continues to climb. I bought the XD .40 subcompact at a gun show about a month ago. I plan on carrying it as my CCW carry.

I just had an opportunity to go to the range with it last night. I took aim and fired the first round and it hit nearly dead center. Amazing!! :eek: The accuracy appears near perfect. The recoil felt reasonably manageable and all I could think after firing a few rounds was this was a fantastic purchase I made. Not only accurate but I could feel the force of the rounds fired and thought I would hate to be on the receiving end of one of those rounds. It should make an excellent conceal carry gun after finding the best ITW holster.

I would recommend this gun with out hesitation. :)

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I let one of my wife's friends try mine. She fired five rounds at seven yards to start out with. Three of them could have been covered with a dime. The other two were probably within another 1/2".

They're definitely an excellent gun for the money.

·
Premium Member
127,282 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mudinyeri I know what you mean. It is a sweet shooting gun.

Thanks slugger6.

mcostanza I liked it so much I think I will look at another XD but in a .45 or 9mm.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I let one of my wife's friends try mine. She fired five rounds at seven yards to start out with. Three of them could have been covered with a dime. The other two were probably within another 1/2".

They're definitely an excellent gun for the money.

I sure hope your group was as good as hers!

(I just hate it when a newbee out shoots me:cry:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No worry from me john_bud. It had been 20 years since I fired a gun so my group was more like 2" or 2 1/2". I will have to work on that but for the first shot to shoot so close to dead aim I was impressed to say the less.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I sure hope your group was as good as hers!

(I just hate it when a newbee out shoots me:cry:)
I haven't concerned myself with pistol groups that could be covered by a dime for about 30 years. :lol: As long as I'm "battlefield expedient" I'm happy.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas, and congrats on your sc.40. Everytime I hit the range with mine, it never fails to impress me, Simply amazing. SA is right...."It shoots where ya point it"

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good choice! Mine shoots dead on when I do my part!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TeXJ I was only at 7 yards. It had been 20 years since I last went shooting. I figure I should work on aim and control a bit before pushing the target out. I will be the first to say I need to work on my control and techniques but I figured start with small steps and work up to the distance and speed but with that said it just amazing how accurate it feels. The shots hit where I am aiming and the gun handles so nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts