Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning.

I am a retired Florida LEO, and firearms enthusiast (Gun Nut). I don't have a Springfield pistol, yet. I have a 10MM, XD-M Elite OSP on order. I couldn't get one with the optic installed, so I ordered one, a Dragonfly, from SA. Delivery's expected today.
Most all of my pistols are Sig's. I carried a P226 for many years, issued by the agency, I have P220's, P226's, P229's, and P320's. My current avatar was made with a P226. (I'll replace it with an XD-M one when I get one...)
I live in Central Florida, near Orlando, but not too near.
At 74 my vision isn't what it once was, so I find a RDS a wonderful addition to a pistol. It's not necessary, see my avatar. It does help a lot though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome, Red dots are awesome, I don't need them either but sure are nice. Let us know how you like your new Elite, if they ever offer it in a 5.25" 10mm version I might be interested.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I have not tried a RDS on a handgun yet. I do have two XDM10's that I bought before the Elite versions came out. I like mine 5.25" and 4.5". I also own a XDM9 Elite and like the trigger and the sights on it.

Reactions: Superzuki

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered an adapter plate for the Dragonfly, on the 23rd of July...Nothing.
So, today I called C.S. it's out of stock.

I did take the opportunity to complain that Springfield's own RDS needs an adapter to fit on a Springfield pistol.
It didn't do any good, but I felt better.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Hi @Superzuki!

For your first XD you sure got a nice one! This old noob just wanted to say "Hi" and toss you a shy wave. 🙋‍♂️

I know a little about what you mean when you talk about vision. I'm right-eye dominant and had cataract surgery in that eye. I wear special shooting glasses most of the time. Otherwise the sights are fuzzy and the target is fuzzy. I may have to go the red dot route in the future.

Thank you for your service. Welcome to the forum. Please share pictures of your first range trip. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm 69 and know what you mean about eye sight. I had cataract and corrective surgery 1 yrs ago and that help a lot but I still have a astigmatism and that's the problem for me. I got a Vortex Venom red dot for my FN FNX-45 Tactical and the gun came with two adapter plate. mounted it was easy but when I tried it out the dot looks like a fuzzy cotton ball. after I order the Vortex I read an article in Guns and Ammo and in the article it said that could happen so I took it off and just use the sights that came on it, which are good
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a right eye problem, I thought my shooting days were over. One day I found out I had become left eye dominant. Now I still shoot right-handed but sight with my left eye. I have 4 pistols with Red Dots: 2 Sig P320's full-sized with Romeo One Pro's, 1 P320 with a Leupold Delta Point Pro, and a P365 with a Romeo Zero.
The Romeo Zero was a birthday present from my brother and showed me that the red dot with a single focus point was good for my vision problem. It made shooting fun again. I still do well with open sights, but it's more work.
When I get the Dragonfly on this XDm I'll have 5 RDS pistols.

My avatar was shot (10 yds.) with my friends P226 with a BarSto barrel.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
welcome! Enjoy the XDM. They are great. For an every day carry gun, I just can't see a good way to put on a red-dot with my every day attire. As it is, I am always looking for something smaller. Would love to be able to conceal carry a suppressed long gun with 1-6 lpvo, but in FL it's usually shorts and t-shirt so smaller frame gun is better for me.

Enjoy the group, lots of good folks here!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Hi,

I have a right eye problem, I thought my shooting days were over. One day I found out I had become left eye dominant. Now I still shoot right-handed but sight with my left eye....
Before I got my cataract surgery I was trying to train myself to be cross-eye dominant, sight with my left eye and shoot with my right. It was tough. After the surgery I've been able to return to right-eye dominance. Without my shooting glasses the front sight is fuzzy but I can sight well enough for self defense. I dry fire practice without my glasses sometimes, to simulate a real world situation. But when I'm at the range, or serious about marksmanship, I wear my SSP Top Focal shooting glasses. It kinda sucks getting old. I'm fighting it tooth and nail. ;) 🧓

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts