Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found it at a local shop this morning:

Sig P229, .40 S&W, UNFIRED, LNIB, 2 12 round mags, box and paperwork. $449 with tax!

Didn't realize how close in size it was to my G23.

Which would you rather carry all day?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent choice. I just got my first Sig a few weeks ago, also a 229 in .40. I love it...

I see you got the rail model which really had no appeal to me, since I lock the doors when it gets dark. I haven't even got the preservative off it yet much less shot it. The SA trigger does seem to have a lot of reset on mine. How about your's?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
That is awesome! I want a Sig so bad.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
That is a nice CPO (Certified Pre Owned) Sig P229 ADA.
You might want to call Sig and ask them when it was made.

I had a CPO P239 I paid $469 + tax for it.
Sold it for $475 and ended up buying a new 1st Gen P239 SAS.
I wanted a DAK trigger hence the SAS.

You do know your CPO only has a 1 year warranty don't you?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That is a nice CPO (Certified Pre Owned) Sig P229 ADA.
You might want to call Sig and ask them when it was made.

I had a CPO P239 I paid $469 + tax for it.
Sold it for $475 and ended up buying a new 1st Gen P239 SAS.
I wanted a DAK trigger hence the SAS.

You do know your CPO only has a 1 year warranty don't you?
Yes, but at that price this doesn't bother me. The gunsmith at the shop told me he had examined it and the barrel has marks on the outside where the slide had been racked several times so he did not think it had been replaced or polished but there wasn't a mark on the bore, chamber, or feed ramp so he was certain the gun hadn't been fired. If that is correct it would explain why everything is still stiff. Had to work at the take down lever a lot before I could move it but after a few tries it started loosening up. The slide release is also very stiff. It just feels like a new, unfired gun but maybe this was caused by their refurbishing. Any remarks?

Anybody else see a problem with the 229's trigger reset. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but seems a little long when dry firing in SA. Might have to consider an SRT trigger.

Just really glad to finally get a Sig. Won't replace my other babies but certainly a welcome addition. XDm .45 next (as soon as they come out).

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Found it at a local shop this morning:

Sig P229, .40 S&W, UNFIRED, LNIB, 2 12 round mags, box and paperwork. $449 with tax!

Didn't realize how close in size it was to my G23.

Which would you rather carry all day?
I made my choice and find myself reaching for my 229 .40 as my daily carry gun, It has even supplanted my 1911 as my prefered carry gun. Get a good IWB holster and a quality belt and it is every bit as easy to carry all day. I carry mine in a Desantis cozy partner, My prefered IWB holster and it disappears under a oversized t shirt or Polo. By the way you stole the gun at that price. The SIG will outshoot the Glock easily once you figure it out.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Awesome score!! $450? Man oh man! I love the non-rail SIGs. Mostly b/c it places the manufacture date back when SIG had less QC issues. Besides, I only use a tactical light for my bedside gun. Do yourself a favor and spend your next $100 on some more Mecgar 12 rounders! You're going to want to have those come January :)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I see you got the rail model which really had no appeal to me, since I lock the doors when it gets dark. I haven't even got the preservative off it yet much less shot it. The SA trigger does seem to have a lot of reset on mine. How about your's?
LOL I also lock my doors at all times but you never know....

In any case, mine has the DAK trigger, so there is no SA pull. I love it though. You should enjoy shooting it, it's a great gun. I've never heard anything bad about the SRT trigger, everyone seems to love it. Might be the way to go.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Yes, but at that price this doesn't bother me. The gunsmith at the shop told me he had examined it and the barrel has marks on the outside where the slide had been racked several times so he did not think it had been replaced or polished but there wasn't a mark on the bore, chamber, or feed ramp so he was certain the gun hadn't been fired. If that is correct it would explain why everything is still stiff. Had to work at the take down lever a lot before I could move it but after a few tries it started loosening up. The slide release is also very stiff. It just feels like a new, unfired gun but maybe this was caused by their refurbishing. Any remarks?

Anybody else see a problem with the 229's trigger reset. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but seems a little long when dry firing in SA. Might have to consider an SRT trigger.

Just really glad to finally get a Sig. Won't replace my other babies but certainly a welcome addition. XDm .45 next (as soon as they come out).

I've never cared for railed Sigs either..
I had to special order my Gen 2 P229 SAS just to have a new Sig w/o a rail.

I didn't have my CPO P239 long, but you're right, it is pretty much a brand new pistol.
Sig totally rebuilds, replaces springs, and refinishes (if needed) the pistol.
It saved me almost $250 buying the CPO over a new one.
But I decided I wanted a DAK trigger and the frame was too old for a conversion.
If I could have found a CPO P239 with a DAK trigger, I would have bought it.
The last gun show I went to (when I bought my CPO) had a dealer with several CPO Sigs.
He was selling one every 30 minutes..

I wasn't knocking your purchase, I think that CPOs are a great buy.

But I had to have my DAK trigger.....:roll:

ADA, top gun supply Sig Sauer Parts, Wilson Combat parts and magazines, Meprolight Night Sights, Sig Sauer magazines, SureFire Flashlights, Sig Sauer night sights, H&K magazines and parts, Glock parts and accessories, Glock magazines, 1911 magazines parts, gunsmithing t is a great place to get Sig stuff.
You might want to get a SCT 14 rd mag for it.
But for $50 I'm not sure that is worth 2 more rds.
The one I bought is 9mm and added 4 rds for my P229.

Good luck with your new Sig.
You might want to check out Sigforum.com
I don't post there much but there is a lot of good info.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. You know how it is when you get a new one. Ya gotta tell somebody! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts