Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, picked up my new XD9 Tactical Friday from my dealer.
Had an evening out at Shoot Straight in Tampa Saturday.
All I can say is WOW!

The weapon came to hand like a dream, love the functionality and ergonomics. The Trijicon sights gave quick acquisition and great field of view. Very little muzzle flip for quick followups. As close to perfection as I can say I've seen in an auto pistol.
150 pieces of 115 gr factory CCI Blazer Brass and not a single hiccup!
Had some decent groups.

10 rounds at 7yd - 2 inch O.C. 10x, bullseye target.

16 round at 15yd - 2 inch O.C. 10x, bullseye target.

FUN, FUN, FUN!!
Can't wait til next trip!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
nice shooting & congrates on your new handgun.

my XD-9 is one of the best poly framed handguns i own.

i went nuts a few years back and bought three of what i considered
best according to, feel, design, accuracy.

i rate the Xd in first place with the steyr-9.
the steyr has an 111 degree grip angle and a lower bore axis which helps reduce muzzle flip.
i like the grip safety of the Xd and overall feel of the gun and it's simple design.
the G-17 is in MHO is slghtly more accurate then either steyr or Xd but it is to me less comfortable to use.
you made a great choice and enjoy your Xd.
i know i will when i can pry mine from the hands of my son..seems he has taken it for his own!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've put well more than 10x that through mine since August, and it just keeps getting better. Actually, I also have a universally reviled AMT .380 sub compact semi-auto which can do 20 boxes without hanging up. Of course, now that I said that, it will blow up in my hand Saturday morning and castrate me. :shock:
One thing you don't have to worry about with the XD 9 is "hiccups". Plaxico Burress had a "hiccup". Plaxico Burress had a Glock. Any similarity between the two manufacturers ends with the color scheme.
150 rounds is just scuffing the moving parts in. That thing will continue to work just as well when you have 6 zeros added to that figure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts