Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently recieved my XD9 Service from a fellow board member and have put about 350 rounds through it in my first two range outings. I have to say I LOVE this pistol. It's eaten every bit of ammo I've thrown at it, I can lay down a 4-5in group @ 7, 5-6in @ 10 and 15, and about 8in at just over 50 ft. I've tried limp-wristing, not slapping the mags, random loading, fast and slow fire, and even been lobbing shots about 33 yards(pistol side of the range is 50 and 100ft.) and just have to say it out shoots my fathers P226 anyday.

I've got a CC trigger job in the plans, and hope to extend the family to a few more in the next year or so. At any rate, I'm glad to have found such a fine used example and a fantastic board to be a member of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm glad to read posts like that !! I have bough a used XD9 from a fellow in Saskatchewan and I just can't wait to take it to the range!

The fellow I am buying it from has put less than 100rds through it so I might as well call it new. :D

I'll give you my range report when I take her out !

Congrats on your buy !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I wasn't planning on owning an xd as a first handgun but my friend talked me into it. I picked it up earlier today and put around 200 and something rounds through it. No malfunctions at all. It was very accurate. Even my experienced buddy said he like it. I had my mind set on a beretta 9mm, but I couldn't pass on a deal like this. The guy that sold it to me had it for a week but never put a single round through it. It was basically brand new. I picked it up for $300. What a deal!!!!! I like the xd a lot better than the glocks.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
A welcome to all of you!...I believe you all will have a great relationship with your XD's.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I've had her out a few more times since my first post and I have to say, I do love it. Been pounding mostly WWB through it, but also put a few hundred Remington UMC bulk ammo, Some Hydro-Shoks and Gold Dots, both being 124g and the latter +p. Everything has gone great even after approx 5oo rds with out cleaning. Tonight I had my first FTF and FTEs with factory reloads from an officer friend of mine(it was free, so I cant complain too much). I'm now looking at around 800 rounds or so through it and no complaint. Just need some more accuracy practice and I'll be very happy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Zach said:
I recently recieved my XD9 Service from a fellow board member and have put about 350 rounds through it in my first two range outings. I have to say I LOVE this pistol. It's eaten every bit of ammo I've thrown at it, I can lay down a 4-5in group @ 7, 5-6in @ 10 and 15, and about 8in at just over 50 ft. I've tried limp-wristing, not slapping the mags, random loading, fast and slow fire, and even been lobbing shots about 33 yards(pistol side of the range is 50 and 100ft.) and just have to say it out shoots my fathers P226 anyday.

I've got a CC trigger job in the plans, and hope to extend the family to a few more in the next year or so. At any rate, I'm glad to have found such a fine used example and a fantastic board to be a member of.
You know I have to say. I hear things on Glocks jamming and everyone seems to say OOOO they are limp wristing the pistol. Don't ever buy that one it is a cop out. My wife is real small and shoots my XD-40. I see her get so tired that the gun almost came out of her hands when she shoot two in a row. It scared me!!! I took the gun and said honey you need to rest. It is a lot of gun for her tired or not. It never jammed or had a hick up of any kind. So for those Glock lovers that want to blame limp wristing on jamming. You might as well pack up your Glock and go home becuase if your tired your gun will not work or be any good any more. Sorry that is how I feel on people who blame limp wristing on a pistol jamming. If it jams get it fixed or buy an XD or some other gun you can use and don't have to pack up and go home Because you got a little tired. Either that or bring some cleanex with you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I'm not real sure what to say to that Jerry, as I had my XD only jam with some shitty reload ammo, and like I said, I tried everything with good factory ammo to get it to jam. So, as long as it's got good ammo bein fed to her, she's happy. And 3 of his Sig P226(one of which my father owns now) never had a problem with the ammo so I'm chalking it uo to the XD just not liking it. I cannot say anything about any glock, as I've never shot any(yet).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Zach, I think Jerry was commenting about how Glock owners generally blame FTF's/FTE's on limp wristing, when in turn it is often the gun itself that is the problem. He is comparing the dependability of an XD to that of a Glock and stating that the XD is better!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can live with that. They do tend to be a bit whiney, but I should watch what I say, there's a few on here too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts