Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range today with my brand spankin new full size XDm9.

Brought all 115gr

150 WWB
50 Rem UMC green box
50 Federal AE

Of course I had the typical 7-9 o'clock missing. I caught my self flinching a few times and slowed trigger press to alleviate the problem.

I was so excited to shoot my new gun that I forgot that the gun is zeroed at 25yrd, and at 7 yards everything will be low:oops:. Once I remembered that I was more and more on target until the last 50 or so rounds when I started to get tired. I slowed everything down, took my time reloading and enjoyed the day.

Glad to say not one malfunction, stove pipe, or fail-to-anything. Excited to go again and get on target. Groups were nice and tight, just 1-3 inches in the 7-9 position. More snap-cap work and time to try the bigger back strap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just put 50 rounds through my brand spanking new XDm .40, WOW shoots great out of the box. Accurate and man 16 rounds is a lot to fire off. I really like it. More to come.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just put 50 rounds through my brand spanking new XDm .40, WOW shoots great out of the box. Accurate and man 16 rounds is a lot to fire off. I really like it. More to come.
I could only imagine having a full 19 in the mag. Stupid CA restricts me to 10 :-x

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'll be that gun is sweet to fire! I have the 3.8" compact, and it fires like a dream. I'll bet that extra slide weight really levels it out.

RJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good to hear! I just got an XDM 9 myself a couple weeks ago. I love it. I have been to the range twice so far and have shot 510 rounds through it all flawlessly.

I have put WWB, Federal AE and Federal Champion through it. Ate all of them with no problems.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I shot low/left with my XDm 9mm pretty consistently until I moved my trigger finger to place the pad (fingerprint swirl) on the trigger instead of the first knuckle. Don't know for sure if pulling straight back is what did the trick, or the change just made me focus and got smoother breaks as a result. Long story short (too late), keep shooting and it will start to click with practice.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I could only imagine having a full 19 in the mag. Stupid CA restricts me to 10 :-x
19 round mags make really quick work of a box of ammo. I end up loading some mags well short of capacity at the range to slow things down. (Not that I am complaining; I am happy to have that choice)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like you had fun with your new XDm. I got mine a couple months back and have put about 700 rounds through it so far. I must say I am extremely happy with it as you are with yours.

·
Registered
59 Posts
They are just a great shooting pistol, I am still adjusting to the tigger and hand position. I have shot nothing but 1911's for 30+ years, but I do like the XDm a great deal.

I am glad that you like yours.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went and put about 170 rounds through it yesterday with the fiancé. I was much more on target and very happy with my purchase. I did switch over to the smallest back strap, even though I have large hands, it was much more comfortable for me.

It was my girls first time shooting a 9mm, she has only shot .22 pistols before. She did pretty good. She was flinching, anticipating the recoil. 1 FTF because she limp wristed it and the round got stuck on the top of the chamber. She has very small hands, even with the smallest backstrap, she couldn't geta proper grip because she couldn't get the pad of her finger on the trigger if she had her wrist centered on the back of the pistol. Is the frame smaller on the SC XDm? She showed interest in owning one of her own. I've got a keeper:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts