Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first Springfield gun, ever. I've been shooting Glocks only, so it definitely is going to take some getting used to (in regards to the trigger). Also had to rush it since I was on lunch break and only had an hour:

7 yds using 30 rounds of Federal Premium 180gr FMJ

10 yds using 20 rounds of WWB 165gr FMJ

20 yds using 30 rounds of Blazer Brass 180gr FMJ

Started to get a lot of flyers at 20 yds.

Gonna need to focus more on trigger control next time for sure. I really like the ergonomics of the gun and it feels great in hand. I think over time, this will easily become my favorite pistol. The felt recoil was a ton less than what I feel on my Glock 27.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive noticed the recoil of xd compared to a glock. another reason i prefer an xd to a glock.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had similar results my first outing to the range with my 40SC. I am coming back from a 5 year hiatus from shooting and I was NEVER this good with my S&W 411. I could account for every shot I put through the XD and the worst was one 5 (from 20 yds.) the rest in the 8-10 rings. This XD rocks!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
After tons of practice, I was able to hit plates and spraypaint cans over 100' away. I was making my bros with tricked out 1911s look bad. This is a great pistol. I would however like to try one with one of the trigger jobs, just to see what all the hype is about. I have about 1,500 rounds through mine with no issues at all. I don't care for the larger mag.

I carry it everyday loaded with 10 180g winchester pdx1.

You should get a pearce for the short mag and shoot the crap out of it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ive noticed the recoil of xd compared to a glock. another reason i prefer an xd to a glock.
You are so right, the Glock (27) spanks my hand much more than my XD. I had shot the Glock right after it came out in the 90's? (can't remember when, have slept since then) and still remember how much recoil I felt with that pistol. The weight difference is only about 6 oz. but it makes a big difference in recoil and helping stay on target. Funny thing is, when I compared them heads up for CC, the G27 is actually about 1/2" longer in total length, although the XD grip was just a tad longer. Sadly, neither would fit in my boot so either I get bigger feet or go with a CBST for CC.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After tons of practice, I was able to hit plates and spraypaint cans over 100' away. I was making my bros with tricked out 1911s look bad. This is a great pistol. I would however like to try one with one of the trigger jobs, just to see what all the hype is about. I have about 1,500 rounds through mine with no issues at all. I don't care for the larger mag.

I carry it everyday loaded with 10 180g winchester pdx1.

You should get a pearce for the short mag and shoot the crap out of it.

I placed an order for a couple of Pearce extensions today.

What type of holster is that in your pic?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts