Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum here. Kudos to the creators. It looks great.

I'm interested to see if anyone is doing any speed shooting with the XDm45 and would care to share their recommendations.

What do you guys think of the Springer Precision trigger kit? Have you found any reduced recoil springs? Is there a magic recipe for low recoil IDPA power factor loads?

I'm a 34 year old recreational shooter and so far I've been spoiled to 1911 triggers. Sorry. Last year a good buddy saw I was shooting 45ACP and he talked me into buying his test XDm45. It came from SA totally bone stock at an unbeatable price. Black on black. No night sights.

I'm considering some modifications to help me improve my performance:

I'm looking to do less mag changes at my local matches so I've been putting the XDm in my regular rotation. And holy cow I can't get used to this trigger. The pull is HUGE and strong. The reset is way too long. Time for an upgrade. So far I'm strongly considering the Springer Precision kit. Feedback and suggestions are welcome. I'm looking for a combat-safe improved trigger function, shorter take up and shorter reset with a lighter pull.

The mag well should help with the stabbing the mags quickly and the TruGlow optic sights should help in low light.

I cast and reload my own rounds. With the stiff recoil spring Springfield puts in this pistol, I'm limited if I'm looking to reduce the recoil impulse with a custom load while still making IDPA major power factor.

I know guys who are shooting right at power factor with 9mm pistols, with heavy bullets, lighter on the powder and lighter recoil springs. These guns look like airsoft pistols with their light recoil.

For my cast lead bullet choices, I have the following options:
255gr at 648fps or
228gr at 667fps or
215 at 768fps

And any of these loads may require a reduced recoil spring to cycle properly.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have the prp ultimate match trigger and i like it a lot. check up on those.

·
Registered
47 Posts
PRP, or Springer precision, either way you will get a great trigger kit that will give you what your looking for, I also have the PRP in mine and its lighter than my Kimber trigger, and only slightly less crisp. Either one is an excellent choice.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Depends on where you start and how far ($$) you want to go. For the most bang for the buck - stop now, trade (oe sell outright) what you have for a new 5.25 XDm as your platform. Yes, it is some dollars on top of the trade but considering what it would cost to get your pistol up to the 5.25 baseline it would be well worth the money. And do this while the three free mags promotion is still running.
Other than that, the site sponsors are a real good place to start and probably have what you say you need. Plus you have this forum to verify their quality and customer service reputations - they are all fine folks, or they would not last here.

add in:
ajamesP51 for sight work and now with pistols. Kyles for guns/ammo
Canyon Creek for parts and custom work and Pistol Gear for stock and custom parts.
Both Springer Precision and Powder River Precision for main trigger kits and full custom work.
The sponsors also include some holster and belt makers.
And plenty more, but I am not that familiar with what they carry.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm shooting my XDM 9 in IDPA and I've installed a PRP Ultimate Match trigger kit, Dawson fiber optic sights, Dons solid guide rod/ factory springs, Pistol-gear Patriot magwell. The magwell was a nice addition. It is held on by the pin's backstrap.

I found all the parts from the sponsors below in the sponsor section.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
First off, Welcome to the forum! I have the PRP "Match Easy" trigger kit in mine and the pull is more like a 1911. Short take-up and reset with no overtravel. Nowadays I would go for the "Ultimate" trigger kit. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check out SA custom shop. They did my .45 tactical. 3 1/2 lbs trigger and Dawson fiber optic front and adjustable fibe rear. I shoot a lot of IDPA. All people say when they check out the trigger is WOW! I think that says it all.

I'm new to the forum here. Kudos to the creators. It looks great.

I'm interested to see if anyone is doing any speed shooting with the XDm45 and would care to share their recommendations.

What do you guys think of the Springer Precision trigger kit? Have you found any reduced recoil springs? Is there a magic recipe for low recoil IDPA power factor loads?

I'm a 34 year old recreational shooter and so far I've been spoiled to 1911 triggers. Sorry. Last year a good buddy saw I was shooting 45ACP and he talked me into buying his test XDm45. It came from SA totally bone stock at an unbeatable price. Black on black. No night sights.

I'm considering some modifications to help me improve my performance:

I'm looking to do less mag changes at my local matches so I've been putting the XDm in my regular rotation. And holy cow I can't get used to this trigger. The pull is HUGE and strong. The reset is way too long. Time for an upgrade. So far I'm strongly considering the Springer Precision kit. Feedback and suggestions are welcome. I'm looking for a combat-safe improved trigger function, shorter take up and shorter reset with a lighter pull.

The mag well should help with the stabbing the mags quickly and the TruGlow optic sights should help in low light.

I cast and reload my own rounds. With the stiff recoil spring Springfield puts in this pistol, I'm limited if I'm looking to reduce the recoil impulse with a custom load while still making IDPA major power factor.

I know guys who are shooting right at power factor with 9mm pistols, with heavy bullets, lighter on the powder and lighter recoil springs. These guns look like airsoft pistols with their light recoil.

For my cast lead bullet choices, I have the following options:
255gr at 648fps or
228gr at 667fps or
215 at 768fps

And any of these loads may require a reduced recoil spring to cycle properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got my XD45 back from Springer Precision. They did a Trigger Job and it is Smooth like my 1911 Colt Series 70 National Mach Gold Cup....No BS they did an excellent Job. Highly recommend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts