Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been eye-fondling a NIB XD40 behind the glass of a local gunshop for some months now. So I go in yesterday and they tell me that it sold over the weekend. I was devistated, but then I immediately saw a NIB XD9 that they brought out that I was previously unaware of. After much internal gnashing of teeth and self-justification, my everpresent and outwardly obvious pre-buyer's remorse paid off as he made me a deal at $350. He mainly made the deal because he had sold the holster from the kit seperately, but everything else is present and accounted for.

I'm going today during my lunch to try it out, and I am elated. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. I know you all have seen an XD9 before, but this one is mine 8)

Question - if I can't find the warranty card, will Springfield still honor it? Could I request a duplicate card and send it in?

Thanks, BB

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome :D

·
Registered
603 Posts
beetlebailey said:
Question - if I can't find the warranty card, will Springfield still honor it? Could I request a duplicate card and send it in?
Warranty cards are never required. I wouldn't bother... I didn't send mine in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matt`G said:
beetlebailey said:
Warranty cards are never required. I wouldn't bother... I didn't send mine in.
Thanks, that's a relief.

Range Report - couldn't stand it any longer so I took it to the local range during a two-hour lunch today. It shot great groups, just a little bit to the left, which I determined is just a hair of a misaligned rear sight. I will promptly fix tonight and have another go at it this Saturday. Could someone advise of the best way to do this? Pics forthcoming.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Just check out Ajames's site. The Birmingham Flash of knowledge.

Ed

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the boards

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ajamesp51 said:
Beetle when am I going to get you to come to my range? Also vary nice pic.
Say the word my friend. I was supposed to go to the big gathering at the FOP range this weekend, but I have sustained some hurricane damage so it looks like I might be up on my roof instead. :cry:

I'm definitely going shooting sometime this weekend, though.

Kabob - yep, I'm north of town, but work and go to school downtown.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts