Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im leaning towards sig big time p226in .40 or .40 p229.tell me what you all think of my choice in cal. and make.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I see no one has responded yet. I don't have a Sig but my son does and we've done some talking. They are great guns but expensive. Then you might want to get a trigger job which would probably cost over $200. Now you're easily over $900, closer to a grand.
The .40 is supposed to be the "snappy" of the 3 calibers. Some folks might recommend that they start with a 9. It has a milder recoil which might put you back on target faster, ammo is cheaper and you'll get a few more rounds to carry.
You can always go over to the Sig Forum for more info.

·
Premium Member
127,768 Posts
Personally I'm not a big fan of the .40 due to the snappy recoil. I prefer the 9mm and the .45ACP.

·
Registered
111 Posts
As XDragon stated, the 9mm ammo is quite a bit cheaper than the .40 cal. Just yesterday, I priced some .40 at $28/100 rds and the 9mm was $19/100 rds.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If I was going to get a Sig I would get the 229 in 9mm just because it is more compact and much better for CCW. You should also take a good look at the Sig 239 and CZ's.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
If you want more responses, have it moved to the general forum instead of the forum announcement area.

·
Registered
855 Posts
If I was going to get a Sig I would get the 229 in 9mm just because it is more compact and much better for CCW. You should also take a good look at the Sig 239 and CZ's.
I have a P229 in 9mm and a P239 in .40. The .40 definitely has more recoil to it, but that's stating the obvious. In the smaller P239 the .40 is a little more difficult to control, but once you're used to it, it's not that bad. Personally, I prefer my P229 in 9mm (it's now my favorite gun), but since I like to practice often the affordability of 9mm vs. .40 ammo is also a factor.

The P229 is just slightly smaller than an XD Service. It's concealable but not as compact as the P239. Also, I'll probably add a Hogue grip to my P239 soon, which should make it a little easier to shoot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a P229 in 9mm and a P239 in .40. The .40 definitely has more recoil to it, but that's stating the obvious. In the smaller P239 the .40 is a little more difficult to control, but once you're used to it, it's not that bad. Personally, I prefer my P229 in 9mm (it's now my favorite gun), but since I like to practice often the affordability of 9mm vs. .40 ammo is also a factor.

The P229 is just slightly smaller than an XD Service. It's concealable but not as compact as the P239. Also, I'll probably add a Hogue grip to my P239 soon, which should make it a little easier to shoot.
Yeah, if I was to get a 239 it would probably be a 9mm as well, but I am not a big .40 S&W fan. In fact the only reason I own a .40 is because it is a duty weapon for work and I don’t have a choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts