Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone just up my xdm 9mm 4.5 today and shot 100 rounds through it and love it. My question though is on storage. Can i leave it in the xdm case in my cool basement maybe a bit humid down there. Or keep it out of the case in my room in my bedside drawer, my room is humid though??

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Get some dessicant pouches to throw in the case with it. Keep it lightly oiled and never store it in a leather holster and rust shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Foam holds moisture against gun - bad

Dessicants only draw moisture out of air until they reach their saturation point - useless if not dry baked and in sealed container

·
Registered
326 Posts
I wear mine (Glock) through rain, snow, sleet, heat, etc. What will humidity do? :D

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Sure ... if you bake out and store extras in sealed container, otherwise they will be saturated before use ... so useless

Problem is at home you have no way of knowing when saturated ... unless you happen to have meters and controls like we have in an electronics factory ... but hey what do I know

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Chances are your room isn't humid enough to damage the pistol. Let's be realistic here. Shoot your gun, then clean it/ oil it and put it back where you had it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I use a case(S) from MTM, there cheap, I put a peice of wax paper down so it folds over when the case is closed. With a light coat of oil on the gun, this has worked for over 20yrs. with no rust issue. PLUS, it saves the original case from wear, just in case you want to sell in the future.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Wipe down all metal surfaces with a thin layer of oil.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Put a light coat of oil on it and keep it in the bedside drawer, but not in a leather holster. The basement is probably more humid than your bedroom, and if it is your HD pistol, access to it is a priority.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thinking about getting my first XDm looking at .45 for 95% OC and remainder CC, but I can't make up my mind on the length. One fella said the barrel length doesn't matter for CC, only the size of the grip. But I'm thinking about my girth (I'm obese) and comfort while CCing. Insights on this?

Be active.

·
Banned
0 Posts
It's going to be a lot harder to get if its in your basement if something goes bump in the night.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thinking about getting my first XDm looking at .45 for 95% OC and remainder CC, but I can't make up my mind on the length. One fella said the barrel length doesn't matter for CC, only the size of the grip. But I'm thinking about my girth (I'm obese) and comfort while CCing. Insights on this?

Be active.

I have an xdm 9 4.5 full size and i can conceal it im 6 foot 165. Wear baggy clothes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts