Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just want to post the fact that I was heard good things about the xd40.
I picked up the service model.

I havn't shot it yet, but I plan on stopping by the indoor range on the way home tomorrow.

It's been a while since i've been to the range.

me and 2 other buds are planning on getting our ccw soon. I am going to use it as my concealed carry weapon. Not sure how often I will carry, but i would like to have the option to.

I have allot to learn, this seems like a good place.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
It is a good place!

Wipe off the factory lube and run a patch down the barrel, then relube (I'll confess that I never made it home without firing so don't worry too much about that). The 40 has been more problematic that the 9mm but I never had a problem with mine. Of course I did fiddle with mine right off after that first day and so if is hard to say. But...chances are it is perfect as is.

Common issue is finger placement on the trigger. If you are shooting low and left, move the contact away from the joint and more on the finger pad on the trigger and it should prove fine. :D

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
i didn't seem to have any trouble with mine. 200 rounds through the day after I bought mine without a single problem. I can't wait to take her back to the range. Going to do my CPL work this week. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good selection. Go shoot the finish off of it, get it good and ugly and give it some character. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts