LMT Upper w/10.5" Bbl
AIM NiB BCG
KAK sound diverter
Aimpoint M4
Anderson Lower
Green Laser/White Tactical light
"Custom" buffer tube w/Crutch tip
Blackhawk Pistol Grip

Future Mods: AGL trigger/Law Tactical folding buffer tube adapter.

It shoots 1 1/8" groups @ 100 yards w/Rem 69g Match. This is my almost everyday carry "pistol"....I keep it in a tennis racquet case (hide in plain sight)!!

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Seriously! You carry that daily??? Where the hell do you live?
That's a lot of daily firepower I'm going to watch carefully from now on folks carrying tennis cases not dressed in tennis garb. Lol :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Y U no free float?

well done. 1 1/4" is handy work.
I don't want the extra weight, I like the simplicity of the standard hand guards. It shoots good out to 100 yards...I would probably never shoot at "meat" much over that, it is a PDW!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously! You carry that daily??? Where the hell do you live?
Alabama. It is a "Open Carry" state. I am a retired LE, so I can carry Nationwide. I do keep it in a tennis racquet case most of the time.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a lot of daily firepower I'm going to watch carefully from now on folks carrying tennis cases not dressed in tennis garb. Lol :)
I do "Open Carry" occasionally. I carry in a over head rack when I ride my RZR. When ever I am out and about I have this loaded under the seat of my truck/car or in a case just in case the SHTF. I also sling it when I do my training runs. I am a retired LE so I can carry nationwide.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just because you can, doesn't mean you should. we've been around and around this issue because of Texan idiots...
I do "Open Carry" occasionally
I am not an idiot! I very rarely "open carry" like the "hillbillies" that you see on youtube. I personally don't want people to know I am armed. I am a professional and I can't believe some of the "[email protected]" I have seen from the "Open Carry" club members!

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
just because you can, doesn't mean you should. we've been around and around this issue because of Texan idiots...
and that mentality proves to me the Leftist "Divide and Conquer" strategy is working perfectly, just as it did in the 1980s when the "sporting" gun owners tossed the Class 3 guys under the bus...cuz they were all "a bunch of crazies"

We are all in this together...like it or not...the guy you point and laugh at today might be watching your six tomorrow...lets leave the belittling and name-calling to the pros in DC, shall we?

I am not an idiot! I very rarely "open carry" like the "hillbillies" that you see on youtube. I personally don't want people to know I am armed. I am a professional and I can't believe some of the "[email protected]" I have seen from the "Open Carry" club members!
I have an honest question...not trying to start anything at all...with respect, Have you actually been involved in an Open Carry event, or just passed judgement based upon manipulated Media Attitudes? The reason I ask is because my mentality was very much the same as yours, until I was involved with a March on our State Capitol; several Open carry groups were attending and were very humble, responsible, non-threatening guys...one was even a lawyer! The Media only shows the "Bubbas" on purpose...it has tarnished the outlook for some...if you had a direct experience I am curious to hear it...

**and thats an AWESOME pistol build sir...I love K.I.S.S. builds!

·
Registered
195 Posts
You can only carry the gun you qualify with nationwide.....I doubt any LE range would even let you try to qualify. Sorry, not buying that

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and that mentality proves to me the Leftist "Divide and Conquer" strategy is working perfectly, just as it did in the 1980s when the "sporting" gun owners tossed the Class 3 guys under the bus...cuz they were all "a bunch of crazies"

We are all in this together...like it or not...the guy you point and laugh at today might be watching your six tomorrow...lets leave the belittling and name-calling to the pros in DC, shall we?

I have an honest question...not trying to start anything at all...with respect, Have you actually been involved in an Open Carry event, or just passed judgement based upon manipulated Media Attitudes? The reason I ask is because my mentality was very much the same as yours, until I was involved with a March on our State Capitol; several Open carry groups were attending and were very humble, responsible, non-threatening guys...one was even a lawyer! The Media only shows the "Bubbas" on purpose...it has tarnished the outlook for some...if you had a direct experience I am curious to hear it...

**and thats an AWESOME pistol build sir...I love K.I.S.S. builds!
I have been to one meeting. The guys there were very courteous and respectful....until someone expressed an opinion they didn't like!

My state has been an open carry state forever. Like other states there is NO LAW that says you can open carry. There is just NO LAW that says you can't! What is going to happen one day is the same thing that always happens. ONE GUY IS GOING TO MESS IT UP FOR EVERYONE ELSE! Or in the case of Open Carry one group. Using your analogy it will be the "Bubba"s" of the open carry group.

Just like any group of people there are respectful, honorable upstanding people such as yourself that represent their group in a honorable manner.

How many times do you think it will take for 10 or 12 "Bubba's" drinking beer and carrying AK 47's slung over there back into the local Jiffy Mart terrorizing the customers before State Legislators will pass a NO Open Carry law. Then what do you do? You know as well as I do that there are a lot of guys strapping a rifle on and walking around trying to draw attention to themselves and when the Police show up they show their *** and video themselves giving the police a hard time. Open Carry could be cool if we could rid ourselves of those individuals.

I have mixed feelings about open carry. I think if it is done it should be as low key as possible. I think anyone openly carrying a handgun should use a retention holster. I think that if you open carry, you should willingly submit to any Police ID check (NO ONE with warrants should be able to open carry).

I personally don't want anyone to know that I am carrying. I am a Military Veteran, 25 year retired State Trooper, SWAT Instructor asst. team leader/ Sniper and this is my opinion whether it be right or wrong

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can only carry the gun you qualify with nationwide.....I doubt any LE range would even let you try to qualify. Sorry, not buying that
Sorry... the qualification card we carry says we are qualified to carry. It has no information about the weapon.

I always carry the weapon that I qualified with on my person when I go out of state. The AR Pistol stays in the bag.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I truly appreciate the reply...its nice to gain perspective without it turning into a CharlesFoxtrot...

that being said, your suppositions about "drunk guys with AK-47s" is a little misplaced; Show me one example of the groups who support OC falling into that category...i do not like generalizations and I also do not like being lumped-in with preconceived notions about a far-reaching, large group of very diverse people...

In your case, I can wager it comes from your experience and your training--both of which I can excuse as a circumstantial issue...I agree with some of your views, but I also think you are off-base on some...however, I respectfully disagree and will not resort to blanket bashing or name-calling, because it accomplishes nothing...

I do not believe there is ever an excuse for inhibiting anyone's right to bear arms; I think that it has become a very ugly cancerous issue amongst Second Amendment Supporters to trash Open Carry Advocates, without stopping to think about why; It comes off to me as a superiority issue...Concealed Carry people wanting to justify and legitimize themselves as being "right" and all others are "wrong"--and the issue is just too complex for that kind of generalization; It is dismissive, intellectually shallow and shortsighted...

I agree, the groups' demeanor and tact may not always be kosher, but in the end demonizing them for exercising their God-Given, Constitutionally Protected Rights is precisely the same thing as demonizing anyone who owns an AR-15...it is no different...

You do not have to agree with it...you don't have to support it...but you had better learn to agree to disagree, because this schoolyard squabbling BS is just childish, ridiculous and drawing attentiom away from the real issues looming over the horizon--we are all on the same side, trying to accomplish the same goal...

After your read this...a little food for thought...I am a Concealed Carry advocate as much as an Open Carry--i choose to conceal most often, but I want the OPTION of doing either...as a free man should be able to

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I truly appreciate the reply...its nice to gain perspective without it turning into a CharlesFoxtrot...

that being said, your suppositions about "drunk guys with AK-47s" is a little misplaced; Show me one example of the groups who support OC falling into that category...i do not like generalizations and I also do not like being lumped-in with preconceived notions about a far-reaching, large group of very diverse people...
I didn't say your group condones this, but I have seen stories (with Pics) that appeared to show guys with AK-47's in public drinking beer. I don't know for sure if they were drunk or not. Every group has it's Bad Apples...don't you think I have seen fellow officers "actin a fool". The times this happened I made sure I called them on it and did what it took to put a stop to it.

I do not believe there is ever an excuse for inhibiting anyone's right to bear arms; I think that it has become a very ugly cancerous issue amongst Second Amendment Supporters to trash Open Carry Advocates, without stopping to think about why; It comes off to me as a superiority issue...Concealed Carry people wanting to justify and legitimize themselves as being "right" and all others are "wrong"--and the issue is just too complex for that kind of generalization; It is dismissive, intellectually shallow and shortsighted...
Convicted Felons/Mentally Ill?

I think CC and OC are both right. Both groups need to police themselves.

After your read this...a little food for thought...I am a Concealed Carry advocate as much as an Open Carry--i choose to conceal most often, but I want the OPTION of doing either...as a free man should be able to
Same here brother. Just remember the more we see OC or CC acting badly, the more likely we are to have those rights taken away one day.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I didn't say your group condones this, but I have seen stories (with Pics) that appeared to show guys with AK-47's in public drinking beer. I don't know for sure if they were drunk or not. Every group has it's Bad Apples...don't you think I have seen fellow officers "actin a fool". The times this happened I made sure I called them on it and did what it took to put a stop to it.

Convicted Felons/Mentally Ill?

I think CC and OC are both right. Both groups need to police themselves.

Same here brother. Just remember the more we see OC or CC acting badly, the more likely we are to have those rights taken away one day.

I firmly believe that non-violent, convicted felons whom serve their time and keep their noses clean afterwards should be given a pathway to get back their rights...ONLY if they have paid their debt to society and become a productive citizen--I know several whom still have to carry around the burden and stigma as consequences of White Collar Crimes while truly hardened criminals just ignore the laws and buy guns illegally...Its another issue entirely...

As far as Carry goes, it appears we are mostly on the same page...I appreciate the responses and civil matter they were delivered, truly a refreshing exchange

·
Registered
195 Posts
You better check laws before getting caught with this in your possession out of state....
This interpretation of the law makes a fallacy of the argument many departments and qualified instructors make that QRLEOs must qualify yearly on every firearm they intend to carry under the privilege of LEOSA, and not simply on each type, including handguns, long guns, and shotguns.

As most retirees unable to qualify with the department or agency they separated from are well aware, a cottage industry of instructors claiming to posses the ability to perform LEOSA qualifications has emerged. LEOSA is clear that QRLEOs must meet "the standards for qualification in firearms training for active law enforcement officers as determined by the former agency of the individual, the State in which the individual resides or, if the State has not established such standards, either a law enforcement agency within the State in which the individual resides or the standards used by a certified firearms instructor that is qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that State."

While some states do afford NRA Law Enforcement Certified Instructors with the qualification to perform this test to retired officers, most states do not. Accordingly, many individuals performing LEOSA qualifications do not possess the authority to do so. In addition, it is common for these individuals to inform QRLEOs that they must qualify on every firearm they intend to carry, generating additional fees under a false reading of the law.

As the legislative history, statute, and case law make clear, if you qualify on one type of firearm, you can carry any firearm of that type under LEOSA. Accordingly, qualifying with a handgun enables you to carry any handgun under LEOSA, be it pistol or revolver. No separate qualification is necessary unless the state or agency has a different qualification standard for it.

James M. Baranowski is Associate Litigation Counsel at the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action and a member of the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETA). He is a decorated combat veteran, having served in the United States Marine Corps both as an officer with 1st Reconnaissance Battalion and as a judge advocate.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You better check laws before getting caught with this in your possession out of state....
This interpretation of the law makes a fallacy of the argument many departments and qualified instructors make that QRLEOs must qualify yearly on every firearm they intend to carry under the privilege of LEOSA, and not simply on each type, including handguns, long guns, and shotguns.

As most retirees unable to qualify with the department or agency they separated from are well aware, a cottage industry of instructors claiming to posses the ability to perform LEOSA qualifications has emerged. LEOSA is clear that QRLEOs must meet "the standards for qualification in firearms training for active law enforcement officers as determined by the former agency of the individual, the State in which the individual resides or, if the State has not established such standards, either a law enforcement agency within the State in which the individual resides or the standards used by a certified firearms instructor that is qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that State."

While some states do afford NRA Law Enforcement Certified Instructors with the qualification to perform this test to retired officers, most states do not. Accordingly, many individuals performing LEOSA qualifications do not possess the authority to do so. In addition, it is common for these individuals to inform QRLEOs that they must qualify on every firearm they intend to carry, generating additional fees under a false reading of the law.

As the legislative history, statute, and case law make clear, if you qualify on one type of firearm, you can carry any firearm of that type under LEOSA. Accordingly, qualifying with a handgun enables you to carry any handgun under LEOSA, be it pistol or revolver. No separate qualification is necessary unless the state or agency has a different qualification standard for it.

James M. Baranowski is Associate Litigation Counsel at the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action and a member of the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETA). He is a decorated combat veteran, having served in the United States Marine Corps both as an officer with 1st Reconnaissance Battalion and as a judge advocate.

Correct!

Give that man a prize!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Maybe you only partially read...As the legislative history, statute, and case law make clear, if you qualify on one type of firearm, you can carry any firearm of that type under LEOSA. Accordingly, qualifying with a handgun enables you to carry any handgun under LEOSA, be it pistol or revolver. No separate qualification is necessary unless the state or agency has a different qualification standard for it...Keep your own prize!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kayakersteve;4540524Maybe you only partially read...As the legislative history, statute, and case law make clear, if you qualify on one type of firearm, you can carry any firearm of that type under LEOSA. Accordingly, qualifying with a handgun enables you to carry any handgun under LEOSA, be it pistol or revolver. No separate qualification is necessary unless the state or agency has a different qualification standard for it...Keep your own prize!
I am pretty sure I read it right.
Accordingly, qualifying with a handgun enables you to carry any handgun under LEOSA, be it pistol or revolver.
Yes I am carring a pistol.

No separate qualification is necessary unless the state or agency has a different qualification standard for it.
My state has only one qualification for LEOSA (pistol). I am carring a pistol! I never knew of any one to turn down a prize!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts