Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Well done.

Which mag were you using at each distance? Just curious since you've mentioned that you're going to be carrying. Make sure you get lots of practice with the short mags.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Nice shootin. Next time your out try it at 7yds, then move out.

With practice you'll be amazed how accurate the subbies can be

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Not bad!

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Good shooting, these SC are so fun to shoot, surprised most people at how accurate they are even up to 50 yards.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Not bad.

My girl's XDSC is just as accurate as my XD Service out to 15 yards.

I'm with Ta2Dave. I would start at SD ranges of 3-7 yards and then move out to 10 and 15 once you are hitting consistent Xs at 7.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well done.

Which mag were you using at each distance? Just curious since you've mentioned that you're going to be carrying. Make sure you get lots of practice with the short mags.
The top pic at 15 yards I used the 16 round extended clip. Then 2nd pic at 20 yards was with the shorter clip with 13.

Yea I'll have to try the 7 yard drill. I was thinking that if I'm in my bedroom upstairs and someone breaks in downstairs in my back door... I'm going to have anywhere from 15 - 20 yards from the bottom of my stairs to wax their asses. LOL! So that's why I was shooting at that distance.

I was surprised at how well I shot it honestly. My buddy has a Berretta M9 and I shoot that thing like crap.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
The top pic at 15 yards I used the 16 round extended clip. Then 2nd pic at 20 yards was with the shorter clip with 13.

Yea I'll have to try the 7 yard drill. I was thinking that if I'm in my bedroom upstairs and someone breaks in downstairs in my back door... I'm going to have anywhere from 15 - 20 yards from the bottom of my stairs to wax their asses. LOL! So that's why I was shooting at that distance.

I was surprised at how well I shot it honestly. My buddy has a Berretta M9 and I shoot that thing like crap.
In this case keep your AR handy or a shotgun. Statistically even at shorter ranges than that you are going to miss the target completely under stress more than half the time. Remember a bad guy is not a paper target that's going to stand completely squared up to you so you can take that nice shot center mass.

Just some food for thought. :)

Regardless you have to start from shorter ranges and work your way up. Especially with a sub.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts

That's kinda funny. The only 9mm I can shoot worth a damn is a 92f!

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
D=Here's a pic of me and the XD9sc doing WORK!

Your support hand grip is looking a little low as well. If you really want to learn how to control the XD shooting rapid fire accurately. You need to practice the thumbs forward grip technique.

Like this that was posted in another thread. You can also do a search on it. Todd Jarrett has a good video on it as well.

It sure helped me so I like to share!! So I'm just trying to help. Not be critical. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your support hand grip is looking a little low as well. If you really want to learn how to control the XD shooting rapid fire accurately. You need to practice the thumbs forward grip technique.

Like this that was posted in another thread. You can also do a search on it. Todd Jarrett has a good video on it as well.

Springer Precision Grip Basics Part One - YouTube

It sure helped me so I like to share!! So I'm just trying to help. Not be critical. :)

Hell no man... I'll take all the help I can get. I grew up around firearms (hunting and what not) but never had any actual Military or Police training with a pistol. So I'm learning from friends of mine as well as forums like this. So all advice is welcome.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Hell no man... I'll take all the help I can get. I grew up around firearms (hunting and what not) but never had any actual Military or Police training with a pistol. So I'm learning from friends of mine as well as forums like this. So all advice is welcome.
Well, forums like this do help along with some research done on your own.

What really intrigued me about the thumbs forward grip technique was that all the great competition shooters are using it. Including world champions like Rob Leatham. We all know who that is!

It really helps you become a mechanical extension of the handgun. With practice of course.

I posted this a couple weeks ago. It had been months since my last session so I was a little out of practice. This is 200 rounds. 10 round strings rapid fire at 7 yards, or 21", with double taps mixed in. When I say rapid fire what I mean is less than 1 second interval flash sight picture. Double taps I try to pull the trigger almost as fast as I can with a flash sight picture. I shot the paper out of the center then moved to high center chest and shot the paper out again.

As you can see. Even out of practice with the thumbs forward grip. For 200 rounds fired you can see the consistent grouping.

See the fliers? That means I need to get out and shoot some more!!! You will lose some ability if you don't practice.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts