Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in love. First day out with new XDm. Got it a couple of weeks ago and just had an opportunity to hit the range. Took my dad with me so he could have a chance to shoot his Ruger which he hasn't schot in about 8 months. Anyway, first shot out of the XDm - dead center at 15m. Couldn't believe it. Rest of mag was about a 4" group. Went to the 25m and not much difference. Let my dad shoot it and he's hooked now. Spent a couple of hours out there and he was soo excited. He said he hadn't fired that much ammo at one time since Nam. Just thought I would share this with everyone.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Awesome!
I just went to the range last week with my new XDM 9mm compact for the first time. I wish my results were closer to yours but I'm still hooked ;-)

Sent from an app on a phone

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Nice! and Conggrats! My wife loves her 3.8...and so do I. Shoots great...only 500 rouds through her so far... and it's flawlwess.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just took my new XD45 5" tactical to the range for the second time (first time I hardly messed around with it) and I was able to hit a clay pidgeon at 50 yds....once, but I hit it. I actually seemed to have more trouble trying to group shots at 12 yds than going out 25 yds. I've heard they shoot very low (and mine did) so that doesn't really make much sense. I know it was waaay out of effective range for the XD, but the targets were set up for the AKs and I couldn't help but give it a try :D. I am 39 and I grew up shooting target guns so this fixed sight thing is all new to me. I noticed rather than holding at 6 o'clock closer in was effective but seemed covering the POA with the front site seemed to work fine further out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts