Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got the call yesterday that my XD 45 Tactical OD/Black was ready to be picked up, so I took off work a little early and headed out to the range/shop.

A friend of mine who is far more experienced with handguns joined me, and we spent 2 hours there, and went through a little more than 300 rounds in my new XD. We cleaned it before shooting, to get the heavy oils off the gun, in case you were wondering.

The gun had no malfunctions whatsoever, and its accuracy was dead-on. My first couple clips showed groups of about 12" (at 25 feet). By the end of the 300 rounds, I had 12" groups at 75 feet, and closer to 6" at 25 feet.

We're going back to the range on Sunday, so between now and then, I have to get more ammo and give the gun a good cleaning :)

What a pleasure it was to shoot, and shoot accurately! The muscle memory I developed years ago (shooting various firearms, including several handguns) came right back! :D

-John

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice pistol I`ve got one just like it.So far I`ve put about 1000 rounds through mine in the 4 months I`ve had it.I`ve changed the guide rod to a DGR Fatty with a 20# spring put rubber decal grips on it and filled the engraving on it with white lacquer stik.Hope you enjoy shooting yours as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I plan to put another 100-200 rounds through it on Sunday when we go back :)

Not sure what mods I want to do to it - it's so new!

-John

·
Registered
125 Posts
I hear ya as soon as I got home from the picking up my XD I was looking for ways to mod it.I think my next mod will be some new sights.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Nice shooting! I have the same setup as auggiewisc with my Compact Tactical (DFG & 20# spring). I also have TFO sights, very bright for day/night.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'll start looking into mods once I get really used to the gun and have at least 1,000 rounds through it.

What does a replacement guide rod and spring do? And do you get contained, or non-contained? (like the stock one)

-John

·
Registered
125 Posts
The DGR I have is not hollow like the factory one it`s solid.The extra weight and heavier spring help with barrel flip and will also cut down on the felt recoil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts